WHAT WE NEED
Clinical therapist for all ages
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Starting with the diagnostic interview, the Clinical Therapist evaluates a patient’s needs and develops a treatment plan with measurable goals. The therapist then handles patient care for children, adolescents, adults, and the elderly. Sound interesting?
Are you a compassionate listener? Are you able to evaluate and asses a patient’s needs accurately? Do you enjoy caring for people with behavioral, emotional and mental needs? This could be the perfect spot for you.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Teach, take continuing education classes, and attend conferences or seminars to increase understanding of mental, emotional, or behavioral states or disorders.
- Document patient care information and ensure timely and accurate completion of patient care records in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Analyze and evaluate patient data or test findings to diagnose nature or extent of mental disorder.
- Direct, or administer psychotherapeutic treatments to treat mental, emotional, or behavioral disorders.
- Collaborate with physicians, psychologists, social workers, psychiatric nurses, or other professionals to discuss treatment plans and progress.
- Perform thorough patient psychosocial assessments to explore the physical, psychological and social aspects of the patient and their conditions.
WHAT IT TAKES TO SUCCEED
- Prior Social Services experience.
- Adapt and respond quickly to changing priorities.
- Manage conflict and tactfully handle complaints and difficult situations.
- Make decisions and use judgement in ambiguous situations.
- Common diagnostic procedures knowledge.
- Collaborate discharge planning with other agencies and community resources.
- Demonstrate understanding of DSM-5.
- Emergency Response and Preparedness.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
- Show sincere interest in others and their concerns.
- Crises Intervention theory.
- Act as a liaison/advocate between patient and physician.
- Did you know Franciscan offers medical, dental, vision as well other benefits?
- Tuition Reimbursement is also available for eligible coworkers.
- Franciscan also offers an Employee Assistance Program. A program that provides coworkers and their families with a free, confidential outlet for family therapy.
Sign on Bonus available!
Positions available in Munster, Dyer, Crown Point and Indianapolis.