- Develops lesson plans and manages the learning experiences, curricular and extra-curricular to ensure the needs of the group and individual students are met.
- Evaluates student performance and provides guidance which will promote the student's welfare, educational development, and citizenship.
- Participates in the planning and evaluation of the school program(s) and the district's curriculum and program development.
- Provides the maximum learning opportunities for each student.
- Conducts parent conferences and a variety of other meetings with district staff, parents and students.
- Effectively utilizes resources and services of the community and the district to enhance students' learning and teacher's effectiveness.
- Maintains the necessary current records and reports and utilizes data to modify and improve program effectiveness.
- Ensures that the students and district get maximum returns on all equipment, materials, supplies and utilities used under his/her direction.
- Provides for and promotes the care and protection of students and school property.
Other Job Duties
- Attends staff meetings as called by the administrators.
- Maintains files on latest curriculum guides.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree with OSPI certification; or any combination of experience and training which provides the applicant with the knowledge, skills, and ability required to perform the work.
Knowledge, Skills And Abilities
Knowledge and skill in instructional principles, methods and techniques.
Skill in obtaining, clarifying and exchanging information.
Skill in classroom management.
Skill in handling student discipline.
Ability to organize and coordinate activities.
Ability to serve as role model and treat students as individuals in a professional manner.
Ability to maintain confidentiality.
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people in a multi-cultural, diverse socio-economic setting.
Valid Washington State teaching certificate or Substitute License
Substitute Teachers with a teaching license, emergency sub license, or general sub license will be considered for this position.
At Maxim Healthcare Group, we firmly believe that our employees are the heartbeat of our organization and we are happy to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs
*Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.
**CO Specific Benefits: Medical/Prescription, Dental, Vision, Health Advocacy (company paid if enrolled Medical), Health Advocate Employee Assistance Program, Health Savings Account , 401(k), 401(k) Company Match, Profit Sharing, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Primary Caregiver Leave, Parental Leave, Life and Basic Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Voluntary Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Hospital Expense Protection Plan, Critical Illness Insurance, Accident Insurance, Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account, Home and Auto Insurance, Pet Insurance, Transportation Benefits, CommonBond, Educational Assistance Program, College Partnership Program, Paid Time Off/Company Holidays
About Maxim Healthcare Group
Maxim Healthcare Group has been making a difference in the lives of our patients, caregivers, and employees for more than 30 years. Our nationwide suite of services includes home healthcare, companion and behavioral care, healthcare staffing, and workforce solutions. Maxim’s commitment to customer service, compassionate patient care, and filling critical staffing needs makes us a trusted partner wherever healthcare is needed.
Maxim Healthcare Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Additional Information: In accordance with Governor Jay Inslee's announced Proclamation 21-14.1 on August 18th, 2021, all K-12 school district employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by October 18th, 2021. Candidates who are extended a conditional offer of employment with Tacoma Public Schools will be required to submit proof of vaccination status in compliance with Governor Inslee's mandate, prior to official hire with the district. Individuals qualifying for a medical and/or religious exemption outlined under the Governor's directive will be required to provide proof of exemption prior to official hire with the district. A Tacoma Public Schools Human Resources Partner will work directly with candidates to finalize proof of compliance with the Governor's mandate prior to official hire.