Solution Developer 1 (June 2022 Start)
The entry-level program starts mid-June 2022 and this is a remote or in-person opportunity. With our Solution Developer role, you will gain valuable experience and be empowered to put your skills to use on real projects. You will be set up for success with the support, training, and resources provided by Hyland. In this role, you will be responsible for implementing integration solutions between Hyland’s software products and the customers' enterprise applications. Ideal candidates will have some knowledge in Java or an equivalent programming language, and will have the desire to learn and gain valuable experience. If you enjoy working with customers and designing creative solutions, please apply today!
What you will be doing
At Hyland you will have the opportunity to strengthen your skills as you learn more and gain valuable experience:
- You’ll be exposed to many different industries, including:
- Health Care
- Media and Entertainment
- Graphics Design
- Life Sciences or Pharmaceuticals
- Financial Services
- Local, State, or Federal Government
- Consumer Products
- Be Mentored and coached by deeply experienced and wise team members
- Learn how to work on many projects and with project teams simultaneously
- Build strong written and verbal communications skills, along with strong organizational and presentation abilities
- Strengthen your collaboration skills with your team, as well as with customers and clients
- Experience belonging to a team of engineers
- Learn Agile techniques like scrum, Kanban, extreme programming, sprints and SAFe
- Become dedicated to building quality code and doing things the “right way"
- Add to your knowledge many software implementation best practices and software architecture principles
- Understand how to meet project deadlines
- Use your Engineer’s attention to detail
- Continue to learn and stay current professionally
- Travel, sometimes overseas, up to 40% of the time
- Comply with all corporate and departmental privacy and data security policies and practices, including but not limited to, Hyland’s Information Systems Security Policy
What will make you successful
- Java development experience
- Web Application development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field, such as Management Information Systems or Computer Science, graduating in spring 2022
- Solid collaboration skills, applied successfully within team as well as with other areas
- Speak or write with ease, clarity and impact, using a communication style appropriate to the subject and the audience
- Able to thrive in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Sharp, fast learner with a technology curiosity and aptitude
- Up to 25% travel; may be required to travel internationally
Please note: The job duties and responsibilities of this role are unable to be performed in the State of Colorado at this time.
You can deepen and strengthen your technical skillset:
- Gain familiarity with continuous integration frameworks (e.g. Jenkins, Maven, Junit, Gradle) and related CI
- Google Polymer, web components, Angular, React, Vue, or other .js frameworks
- HTML5 and CSS3
- JSON and XML
- Backend / Java engineers can learn
- OSGI, Spring, or similar frameworks
- JSON, XML, SWIFT, AVRO
- REST / JAX-RS
- Learn about modern indexing architectures, like Elasticsearch, SOLR, Lucene, etc.
- Learn about modern SQL databases, such as Postgres.
- Learn about modern NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Learn about queueing, logging, and messaging services like AMQP, RabbitMQ, Kafka, SNS, SQS, etc.
- Learn about key value stores such as Redis
- Learn about containerization technologies such as docker and container orchestration technologies like Helm, Habitat, Rancher, Kubernetes, Openshift, etc.
- Learn A LOT about AWS, including technologies like EC2, ECS, Lambda, RDB S3, Elasticache, AWS Elasticsearch, AWS MSK, etc.
- Gain AWS certifications
What you can expect next
- Hyland Recruiters thoroughly review every application and will contact you within 1 month regarding next steps. Be sure to add Hyland to your contacts list and check your spam folder so you never miss a message from us!
- Any follow up questions? Email your Recruiter directly at Careers@Hyland.com.
Due to Hyland’s status as a federal contractor, as of December 8, 2021, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption is approved. Proof of vaccination status or exemption documentation will be required on your first day of employment.
401(k) Retirement Savings. Flexible Schedule. Paid Time Off. Medical, Dental, Vision. Volunteer Paid Time Off. Wellness Reimbursement. Paid Parental Leave. Sabbatical Program. Hyland House Program.
Find out more by going to https://www.hyland.com/en/careers/life-at-hyland.
Welcome to #HylandLife
Since 1991, it has been Hyland’s mission to help our employees, customers and partners exceed their potential with our industry-leading content services platform. Our employees exude a contagious energy and are passionate about what they do – whether it’s helping customers succeed, raising up their fellow Hylanders, or engaging in the communities where they live and work.
The #HylandLife hashtag encompasses our employee-centric culture. Our employees live our culture day in and day out by bringing their best self to work. Hyland supports them to do just that through career development resources, wellbeing programs and innovation practices. We thrive on diverse viewpoints and new ideas and believe that a positive, inclusive workplace is imperative to sustainable success.
As we’ve grown to a company of nearly 4,000 strong, we have the opportunity to make a significant impact on our communities. We strongly support employee initiatives and align our giving campaigns and programs to organizations that are important to them.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.