Sales/Business Development Analyst Extern
The Commercial Development team is the key point of contact between Moët Hennessy USA and its agencies of choice: Strategic Group, Mosaic and Public Label. Its role is to maximize excellence and performance of the agencies’ resources to achieve MHUSA business objectives. The team operates as an entrepreneurial team within MHUSA with a cross-functional scope (Sales, Marketing, Finance, IT…).
Strategic Group the agency that employs Specialists, Ambassadors, Team Hennessy and (95+ people).
Public Label is the agency who executes all sampling, event activations for the Moët Hennessy USA portfolio.
Mosaic is the agency who employs our Merchandisers (45 people) and manages our network of POS storage Locations.
As the main support for the VP, Commercial Development, the Commercial Development Analyst’s responsibilities include conducting sales data analysis, create and maintain ad-hoc and regular reporting.
- Be responsible of business analysis with the goal of providing business recommendations to Sales and Marketing teams and increase results of agencies resources. The analyst will be the internal and external key contact person for all reporting questions regarding the agencies.
Analysis can include: menus survey, depletions, distribution, velocity, productivity by person, placements by person, ROI by account by person.
- Support the financial planning and management of the agencies’ resources. Ensure that the financial planning model is up to date and fits the current business reality.
Finances include: budgeting, tracking, financial simulations, costs updates and changes, end of year reconciliation.
- Maximize awareness and knowledge of the agencies activities amongst MHUSA employees by communicating on performance and ways of working. The analyst will be encouraged to find new ways to highlight the agency’s work.
Content can include: reporting documents, trainings for new hires, policies, FAQ, business information, links, org charts, training videos…
- Support the VP, Commercial Development in cross-functional projects.
Projects can be: change management, presentation for executives, financial model redesign...
Being a part of a team of 2 people, the analyst will have the freedom to create and lead their own projects. Given the size, scale and strategic nature of the team’s scope, the analyst will have the opportunity to be exposed to an executive audience.
The analyst will be given the chance to shadow agencies’ resources in their daily work to better understand the agency’s activity.
Qualification, experience & skills required
Education: Masters from Business or Engineering school. Major in Finance appreciated but not required
Languages: English, knowledge of French a plus
Professional experience: relevant Financial Planning or Sales/Marketing experience with strong analytics.
An experience in agency management or data management is a plus.
Technical & management skills:
- Mastery of MS Excel (daily use of advanced functionalities “INDEX” “MATCH” “SUMIF” “VLOOKUP” are a must) and MS Powerpoint, MSOffice suite
- Knowledge of Anaplan, Qlik, Salesforce software is a plus
- Macro-programming in Visual Basic is a plus
Personal & interpersonal skills:
- A versatile profile open to tackle multiple and varied tasks (data analysis, marketing, sales)
- A self-starter who can take direction but work independently
- An interest in the Wines and Spirits industry
- An approachable & positive attitude
- Able to multi-task, and work in a fast-paced environment
- An ability to handle complexity
Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Moet Hennessy USA, Inc. considers candidates without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.