Organization Overview | The Ozark Empire Fairgrounds encompasses 76 acres in Springfield, Mo. Home to the area’s largest annual event, the Ozark Empire Fair, the Fairgrounds also hosts a variety of events year-round, ranging from car shows and BBQ competitions, to agricultural events and food festivals. In addition to facility rentals, the fairgrounds staff is responsible for self-promoting over 15 events each year.
Position Summary | The purpose of this position is to assist the livestock director with livestock activities in preparation for and during the Gold Buckle Extravaganza and Ozark Empire Fair. Duties will include but are not limited to the following: responding to exhibitors’ inquiries, marketing and communications, assisting with agricultural education programs, show entry management, posting of show results, daily office duties, basic accounting, data entry and show day execution.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent typing and data entry skills.
• Ability to work independently and as a team player. Must be self-motivated and a quick learner.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office and Excel programs.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Strong planning skills: Able to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously as directed; determine project urgency in a meaningful and practical way; use goals to guide actions.
• Impeccable accuracy: Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy.
• Effective project management skills.
• May require lifting of over 75 pounds.
• Accustomed to long working hours and extended time on your feet.
• Flexible schedule.
Experience Requirement | A background in livestock exhibiting and/or animal agriculture is preferred.
Internship Dates | June through mid-August 2022. Flexible start date and schedule. 30-40 hours per week throughout the summer with a heavier schedule through late July and early August.