Job Description Summary
IDEMIA NSS is searching for candidates to participate in our esteemed 2022 Summer Internship Program. This is a paid internship based out of our Morgantown, WV office and requires a 40-week, full-time commitment starting May 2022 and running for 10 weeks. The ideal candidate is currently enrolled or a recent graduate in Computer Science/Engineering, Management Information Systems, or has experience with technical Information Technology work. We are looking for interns that have ability to perform entry level software coding or business/systems analysis, learn other entry level technical tasks, and learn to actively participate on Scrum teams.
Primary Responsibilities vary by candidate and might include:
- Support software test case re-writes with automation where possible.
- Support Technical testing automation for developers/integrators.
- Design EBTS message creation/scrubbing (XML).
- Catalog existing digital images used for testing and organizing for use by the entire team.
- Capture additional prints for testing Development of job aids.
- Provide support for Agile Release Train (ART) ceremonies and training
- Assist in the set-up of the build infrastructure.
- Support Design and Architecture work for the ART and Scrum teams.
- Support documentation creation and editing for the software design.
- Support testing of on-the-fly VM creation.
- Provide Level 1 IT Helpdesk Support.
- Participate in Scrum team ceremonies (Daily Stand Up, Planning, Retrospective and Demos)
- Participate in Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) classes and ceremonies
- Participate in weekly mentorship meetings.
Job Requirements and Skills Qualifications
- Student must be currently or recently enrolled at an accredited college/university.
- Team player with excellent analytical, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated, self-starter, fast learner Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Ability to identify and resolve problems quickly.
- Ability to work independently with low level of supervision.
- Capability to work on multiple projects and changing priorities.
- Aptitude to work effectively with multi-functional teams.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Products (Word, Excel, Email, SharePoint, Teams).
- Knowledge of fundamentals of Linux Proficient in programming in Java, C++ and Python.
- Knowledge of C# development.
- Passionate about National Security.
- Self-Motivated with a relentless drive for team success.
- Highly Ethical.
*****Must be a US Citizen, without Dual Citizenship*****
NSS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
It is the policy of IDEMIA NSS to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, age, disability, participation in discrimination complaint-related activities, sexual orientation, genetics, or active military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic, by either employees or non-employees. This non-discrimination policy applies to all employment procedures, including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, reduction in force, and all company-sponsored activities.
Affirmative Action Statement
NSS has adopted an Affirmative Action Plan (“AAP”) and is committed to making a good faith effort toward achieving the objectives of the plan. It is the policy of NSS to base employment decisions on the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) and to take Affirmative Action in the employment of women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state, or local law.
As a government contractor, NSS abides by the following provision:
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of the other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractors legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c).