Foster Care Therapist
Lawrence Hall is committed to keeping our youth and families, employees and communities safe. Therefore, we are requiring that all applicants have at least 1 dose of the COVID vaccine to qualify for hire, with the 2nd dose required 45 days after hire.
Are you passionate about building relationships with families? Do you have excellent clinical skills? Join our fantastic and dedicated Foster Care team at Lawrence Hall and enjoy an in-office/remote hybrid schedule, case manager assistants, and employer-paid licensures and certifications.
Position Title - Foster Care Therapist
Wages - Based on Experience and Education. Base salary at $38,000
- Carries a selected caseload of foster care youth, biological families involved with DCFS and foster families as assigned, focusing on the use of individual, group and family treatment modalities
- Develops and frequently reviews Mental Health Assessments and Treatment Plans with supervisor
- Requires knowledge of typical child and adolescent development and an understanding of trauma exposure and traumatic stress signs and symptoms
- Practice will include using strategies that support healing, recovery, and that resist re-traumatization
- Engage caregivers, parents, family members and others by sharing strengths and challenges experienced by program participants
- Facilitates clinical staffing meetings to provide consultation for treatment team members
- Master's degree in Social Work or related Human Service degree with LSW or LPC preferred upon hire and one year of related experience.
- Knowledge of childhood trauma and prior experience working in settings with youth and families that have been exposed to trauma or experiencing traumatic stress preferred
- Must take and pass exam within 3 months after hire.
- Valid IL, IN, or WI driver's license with proof of insurance
- Personal vehicle with insurance required
- Recertification/Licensure Costs and Licensing Fees EMPLOYER PAID
- In-office/Remote Hybrid Schedule
- Free Employee Assistance Program for staff, family, and friends
- Generous 401(k) with immediate vesting and employer match after one year
- Health Insurance partial employer paid
- Dental and Vision Insurance partial employer paid
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Extended Sick Leave Bank
- Wellness Program
*Apply TODAY! NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE*
This position meets the FLSA requirements for Exempt.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V