Vision & Purpose of Job
The Campus Finance Analyst works on a team with 3-8 peers to accomplish the day to day accounting and finance needs of the US Campus ministry.
Finance Analyst Team Leader
Summary Description of Position
A Finance Analyst must be able to record and review financial information to provide assistance to staff in performing finance activities (such as clearing ministry cards, setting up budgets, paying bills, receiving donations, making journal entries, etc.). They must also be able to analyze financial data to provide relevant insight and information for ministry leaders to make informed decisions related to ministry strategy and promote wise stewardship of ministry resources.
Skills, Abilities, Experience
- 4 year bachelor’s degree
- Experience or education in accounting/finance or a willingness to take recommended courses in order to achieve the competency needed in this area
- Excellent customer service skills, desire to serve others, ability to work effectively and prioritize appropriately while receiving work from multiple sources throughout the day
- Ability to communicate effectively to inform executive decision making and local field staff implementation
- Understanding of the Campus Ministry’s values, vision, and mission and the ability to relay how finance plays a significant role in achieving the mission
- Set up, review, and track conference budgets, summer mission budgets, and local level budgets
- Perform finance duties before, during, and after conferences including registration, on-site check-in, paying vendors and speakers, and processing donations
- Communicate and oversee proper adherence of Campus finance policy as set by the Campus Executive Director and Campus Director of Finance
- Perform accounting entries within the ministry’s financial system to post to, adjust, and correct internal financial accounts
- Reconcile credit card revenue and ministry bank accounts on a regular on-going basis
- Perform year-end accounting functions to clear accounts and accurately report financial information for the fiscal year
- Be the point person for field staff and resource centers for approving and facilitating contracts the ministry enters into through the established contracts process
- Ensure timely payments to vendors through the ministry’s established payables process
- Coach/train local level finance admins and summer mission operation team leaders
Close Working Relationships
Finance Analyst team members, ministry leaders in assigned area of responsibility
Full-time or Part-time
The staff who takes this position will develop the funding to pay the salary and benefits of this position (training and coaching provided).
There are four teams of Finance Analysts focusing on specific areas in the Campus Ministry.
See Campus Ministry National Finance Team for an overview of team functions and team map.
Job Descriptions for each area can be found by clicking the links below:
- Field Team Finance Analyst
- Summer Missions Finance Analyst (2019: Updating to Mission Trips Finance Analyst)
- Conference and Events Finance Analyst
- National Team Finance Analyst
For more information regarding this role please contact Valerie.Berlin@cru.org
"As a religious organization whose purpose and character are primarily religious, Cru may prefer to hire and employ individuals who agree with our religious beliefs and who are faithful to our doctrinal and ethical teachings and practices."