Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Location: Full-time position, based in Deschapelles, Haiti
About HAS: Hôpital Albert Schweitzer Haiti (HAS) is a 131-bed hospital located in Deschapelles, in the Artibonite Valley of Haiti. HAS provides integrated hospital and community-based healthcare and development services that, in many cases, would otherwise be unavailable. Established in 1956, HAS remains the only full-service hospital serving more than 350,000 people in the region through its main campus, four community health centers, 70-80 mobile clinics, and 225 health posts per month. HAS has a long-standing reputation for delivering top-notch healthcare, even in the midst of challenge circumstances, with limited resources and a large and growing volume of patients. As one of the sole health care providers in the area, HAS provides a complete continuum of care for all patients, identifying priority needs and responding in the most effective and culturally appropriate manner. With HAS’ extensive community outreach and development services, including Wells&Water and agroforestry programs, its reach goes far beyond the walls of its hospital and clinics, creating a positive ripple effect on the health and wellbeing of families and communities throughout the region.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer is responsible for assisting with the ongoing monitoring and evaluation of all HAS programs and initiatives – focused on improving the impact and quality of all HAS services, including the healthcare provided in the hospital and communities, as well as the various community development programs. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Strategic Development and Program Evaluation.
· Assist with the collection, dissemination and analysis of data applicable to all grants, hospital programs, community health and development projects.
· Develop tools for monitoring and evaluation, designed to enhance the accuracy and quality of data inputs, to be used in existing and future projects within HAS.
· Assist HAS leadership in the use of monitoring and evaluation data to evaluate programmatic impacts, and to design changes (where needed) to improve program outcomes.
· Train staff at HAS, as needed, in the principles monitoring and evaluation and data collection/analysis.
· Work closely with the Senior Manager of Strategic Development and Program Evaluation, and other relevant staff, to streamline information systems, and implement quality improvement measures.
· Create reports as needed for important stakeholders to depict changing trends related to the hospital or community health.
· Collect impact stories related to hospital and/or community health and development as needed for donor reports or fundraising events
· Collaborate with Senior Manager of Strategic Development and Program Evaluation, HAS senior management Haiti, and the development team in Pittsburg, PA to ensure all required reports (quarterly/annually) for HAS programs are complete, accurate, and submitted on time.
· Support the development of program reports/studies for publication in relevant journals.
· Other tasks as assigned by HAS senior management
· Professional command of English and French (or Haitian Creole).
· Proven skills in monitoring and evaluation and strategic thinking. Statistical analysis skills are a strong plus.
· Effective writing and communication skills. Technical writing skills are a plus.
· Ability to work independently, and to take initiative, and problem solve.
· Proven cross-cultural communication skills – ability to effectively manage culturally diverse work environment.
· Ability to live in rural setting without immediate access to urban amenities.
Education and Experience:
· Master’s level degree in field directly related to position (Public Health, Development, Epidemiology, Statistics, etc.)
· At least one year experience in health care setting. International experience preferred.
* To apply, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.