Business Internship BiPOC Graduate Students (Summer 2022)
The Visiting Nurse Service of New York (VNSNY) is hiring high-performing BiPOC graduate students who have completed their first year in a business or health focused master’s level program. The internship will provide a terrific opportunity to gain hands-on experience with one of the nation’s largest not-for-profit home- and community-based health care organizations. In this role you will work on high visibility projects that help advance strategic business initiatives which support VNSNY’s mission to improve the health and well-being of people through high-quality, cost effective healthcare in the home and community.
This will be a 10-week paid internship program (Mon-Fri) in summer 2022, with the potential to join VNSNY as a permanent team member following graduation. Currently, we plan for this internship to be a hybrid work experience.
· Exposure to a broad range of management issues and one-on-one interaction with executives
· Manage workstreams on projects in a collaborative environment with team members
· Advise and deliver business solutions, develop strategies and capabilities to support enterprise-wide decision-making, and improve operations, which will impact the organization
· Work independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Conduct research, perform analyses, and distill information and data from a variety of sources regarding industry-wide trends.
- Perform research on healthcare policy and healthcare system trends and provide summary reports and recommendations to our executive leadership team.
This internship is ideal for you if you are seeking:
· Opportunity to learn from a healthcare organization that is evolving and a poised leader in delivering innovative care for our patients, members and the communities we serve.
· High-impact responsibilities within a mission-driven organization
· A dynamic, fast-paced environment
· Access to mentorship from senior leaders
How will this internship benefit you?
As a graduate student in this internship program, you will develop your skills and expand on your knowledge in key areas of business with an integrated healthcare organization. Cultivate professional relationships and be exposed to real-world business experiences that complement and enhance academic learning. From this internship, you will identify professional and career goals, work on challenging projects, and receive ongoing mentorship from industry professionals.
· Currently enrolled in a graduate level business or health focused program
· Successful completion of the first year in a master’s program
Critical Skills Needed:
· Strong analytical skills
· Excellent written, verbal, and strategic thinking skills
· Strong presentation skills
· Strong record of initiative-taking and leadership in a work setting and/or extracurricular activities
· Resourceful, intellectually curious, and empathetic
· Ability to work in a matrix driven collaborative environment
· Excellent project management skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment
· Ability to think independently, quickly and apply good judgment
· Ability to manage multiple priorities and demonstrate flexibility
· Excellent attention to detail