Civil/Construction Based Engineering Technician- (Full Time and Professional Experience Employment Opportunities) 2023
Advance Testing Company, Inc. Civil Engineering / Construction Based Full Time Employment Opportunities 2023
Employee start dates: 2023- (6 start dates)
Visit us at: www.advancetesting.com
Advance Testing Company, an established New York-based construction materials testing and inspection firm, has opportunities available for individuals to perform testing and inspection of construction materials such as soils, aggregates, concrete, reinforcing steel and asphalt. Advance Testing trains and certifies employees within these disciplines through locally and nationally recognized programs.
New employees participate in training during the initial period of employment. Once trained and certified, the new employees are considered full-fledged engineering technicians. As an engineering technician, the employee may be assigned to provide services throughout our area of coverage, which includes, but is not restricted to the tri-state area (NY / NJ / CT) and New England. Typical project types that employees are assigned to include highways, bridges, commercial buildings, airports, tunnels, fabrication plants and material production facilities. In addition to potential field assignments, Advance Testing operates a state-of-the-art, accredited laboratory facility that employees may be trained to perform testing services in.
All positions may require lifting and/or physical activities, including lifting of up to 75 lbs, walking / working on uneven surfaces, and driving to and from job sites (valid driver’s license and a working personal vehicle are required). The majority of our work is conducted outdoors, in all weather conditions. Work hours vary, but may include day, night, and weekend shifts.
- Training and certifications are paid for and provided by Advance Testing Company
- Rent Free Housing
- Paid Employment
- Paid mileage to and from the job sites
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: (Other duties may be assigned as well)
- Observes work in progress to ensure that procedures followed and materials used conform to specifications.
- Perform standard testing on materials.
- Prepare samples of materials for laboratory testing.
- Examine workmanship of installations for conformity to specifications.
- Maintains daily log of construction and inspection activities and completes reports daily.
- Prepare sketches of construction installations that correlate with testing and inspection sites.
Advance Testing Company is an equal opportunity employer.