Senior Product Development Engineer
This Senior Outdoor Product Development (Refrigeration) Engineer will design and test Residential Air-Conditioner and Heat Pump systems as a member of a cross-functional development team. This role requires a strong understanding of air-conditioner and heat pump systems and excellent collaboration skills.
Core Job Responsibilities (others may be added):
- Complete system simulations to achieve optimized successful designs
- Design for lowest cost while meeting all other requirements
- Design for reliability (DFR)
- Design for manufacturing, assembly, installation, service and recyclability
- Select components and materials and specify requirements
- Direct the build of required engineering samples
- Direct the testing of engineering samples with particular emphasis on psychrometric testing
- Collaborate to create of accurate engineering product documentation (drawings, specifications, bills of materials)
- Complete required product agency compliance and listings (ARI, UL, CSA, etc.)
- Create engineering data/unit attributes
- Drive process continuous improvements
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (Mechanical Engineering preferred) and at least 5 years’ work experience in HVAC/R system development is required.
- Master’s Degree in Engineering is a plus.
- Design for Six Sigma and/or Lean certifications are a plus.
- HVAC/R component and system level experience required
- Strong experience with validation test plan development and execution
- Strong demonstrated ability to manage and understand system test data
- Strong demonstrated ability to quickly troubleshoot, identify root cause and correct issues with mechanical systems and/or lab test data
- Demonstrated ability to organize and manage complex workflows
- Demonstrated ability to complete complex projects on-time
- Good conflict management skills and demonstrated ability to build relationships with diverse teams
- Results-oriented individual with an emphasis placed on achieving overall team performance
- Compelling verbal and written communication skills
- Desire to drive continuous improvement projects
We offer competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits and programs that help our employees thrive in both their professional and personal lives. We are proud of our winning culture which is inclusive and respectful at its core. We share passion for serving customers, caring for others, and boldly challenging what’s possible for a sustainable world.
We are committed to achieving workforce diversity reflective of our communities. We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, pregnancy, age, marital status, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any legally protected status.