Company OverviewPalladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and RolePalladium is seeking an Associate with a background in demography and strong quantitative skills to support Family Planning (FP) program efforts in the Americas Health Practice Area. The Associate will work on FP projects across the Health Practice portfolio, including the Voluntary, Rights-Based Family Planning project?implemented in Nigeria?and the Health Policy Plus (HP+) project globally and in Nigeria. Specifically, the Associate will contribute to Palladium?s analytic model development, the application of models, and quantitative and qualitative research and analysis. S/he will be expected to contribute to activity and project reporting, monitoring and evaluation, and to assist in the development of workplans and other project-specific documents.
- Conduct rigorous literature reviews on diverse FP, demography, and development topics.
- Manage large databases in both Excel and Stata, consisting of primary and secondary data.
- Provide technical assistance for primary data collection activities in-country, to include field travel, co-facilitation of enumerator trainings, and other assignments as needed.
- Refine and develop survey instruments/questionnaires.
- Collect and analyze secondary data, including from in-country sources.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative data analysis (inferential statistics) in Stata.
- Support development of a Microsoft Excel model, including through programming in VBA.
- Support field-based model applications, including creation of desk applications, development of workshop materials, and co-/facilitation of in-country model validations with key stakeholders.
- Develop data analysis briefs, analytical papers, and journal articles for specific assignments.
- Assist in project management and planning activities.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
RequirementsMSC/MPH/MA graduate in demography (strongly preferred), public health, international development, statistics, or related field. For all candidates, quantitative coursework in statistics and experience with analytical software (e.g. Stata) is required. Global health, reproductive health, or family planning coursework is strongly desired.
In addition to the above qualifications, the following are also desirable:
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills, including experience with VBA programming.
- Clear and effective writing and oral communication skills.
- Ability to translate and present complex information to diverse audiences in writing and orally.
- Ability to develop technical data into presentations and/or other multimedia formats.
- Experience working or studying in developing countries.
- Willingness to travel internationally (including to Nigeria) as needed by the project up to 40%.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities while meeting deadlines.
- Ability to work successfully with diverse groups, partners and colleagues and a team player.