Renewable Energy Development Analyst
AES is accelerating the future of energy through innovations and new solutions for smarter, greener energy platforms. Now, we’re looking to empower the next generation of leaders through our Early Career professional programs. AES is delivering differentiated solutions to customers and creating one of the largest and fastest growing businesses in the United States.
We are looking for passionate individuals who share our vision of accelerating the energy transition, enabling a better future for our next generations. As a Development Analyst, you have the chance to apply your business knowledge and analytical capabilities to develop wind, solar, solar + storage, and stand-alone energy storage projects. You will work on projects with the goal of increasing the sustainability, competitiveness, safety, and reliability of our generation, transmission and electricity distribution platforms.
This is a full-time position for 2022 college graduates as well as graduates of MS or PhD programs. We maintain offices throughout the United States with major hubs in San Francisco, Boulder, Indianapolis, Salt Lake City, Dayton Ohio, and New York.
Successful applicants will have the opportunity to work in renewable projects, learning about:
- Land acquisition
- Greenfield Development
- Strategic development
What You Will Do In this Role
- Assist development efforts by supporting other Developers on projects from inception, through contracting, and up to commencement of construction.
- Represent AES Clean Energy professionally and competently during all aspects of project development
- Support in management and engagement of key stakeholders for each project.
- . Participate in project meetings with internal and external stakeholders
- Pipeline management support, reporting and tracking key KPI’s.
- Utilize AES CE financial and project management system(s) ensuring key project information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Conduct land, market, regulatory and related project research to assist Solar team.
- Assist in creating maps and detailed reports.
- Develop and manage project development schedules and budgets
- Proactively seek out information and feedback on current assignments from others as well as develop working relationships with related work teams.
- Review contract obligations in key project documents
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Engineering, Project Management, Energy, Environmental Studies, or Business.
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, Microsoft Teams, MS Project
- Internship/Co-op/work experience preferred
- 3.0 Minimum GPA on a 4.0 Scale
- Willingness to relocate to one or more of our U.S. locations
- This position is not eligible for work via sponsorship
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines