EquityZen is an early-mid stage financial technology company, backed by leading venture and private equity investors. We’re looking for an Investment Analyst to join EquityZen’s growing team as we redefine private markets. Join us if you are interested in gaining exposure to the private venture-backed technology space and are energized by personal and team growth. If becoming an Investment Analyst and being a key contributor to hitting our ambitious goals invigorates you, let’s chat!
Our platform enables large, private companies to deliver liquidity to their shareholders while providing investors access to invest in these proven, pre-IPO companies. EquityZen has served over 200 pre-IPO technology companies and is proud to be considered a liquidity provider for 1 out of 3 of the largest unicorns. A testament to EquityZen's secure, paperless, and industry-defining online investment platform, we have successfully completed 14,000+ private placement transactions. Focusing on automating an antiquated offline process has allowed us to lead the charge in building more efficient, cost-effective, and transparent private markets. Watch this short video to learn more: equityzen.com/press.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with our internal team of Investment Associates and Accredited Investors (our clients)
- Assist with day-to-day tasks vital to the success of the Investment Sales team including handling client inquiries, helping to execute transactions, providing market color, and other ad hoc projects
- Keep abreast of the latest developments in Private Markets
- Conduct research on individual company offerings to highlight talking points
- Qualify and identify prospective investors for proactive sales campaigns
- Help with reporting and analytics in order to define and test best practices
THE RIGHT STUFF
- 1+ years’ experience as an Investment Analyst, Investment Sales Support, or general wealth management or venture capital
- Undergraduate degree
- FINRA Series 7 and 66 licenses required
- Experience with lead generation/prospecting and/or sales development
- An interest in the venture capital asset class
- Strong communication skills (verbal, listening and written)
- Highly organized and works hard and smart with attention to detail
- Collaborative approach and team player mentality
- Process-oriented, data-driven and tech-forward
- Self-driven, motivated and results driven
- Experience with HNWI investor channel
- Comprehension of valuation metrics
- Experience with, or interest in, SQL, Kibana, Salesforce, and Excel
EquityZen offers a competitive salary, stock options, full employee benefits (health, dental, vision), individual professional development and wellness budget, flexible paid time off, and more!
EquityZen is dedicated to prioritizing all employees’ health and safety during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have a new, socially-distant friendly office space where we have established strict protocols to protect the health and safety of all employees; however, working from the office is strictly voluntary until further notice.
EquityZen provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EquityZen complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. EquityZen expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of EquityZen’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.