Spring 2022 Internship (Remote)
Thank you for your interest in Compassion’s Internship Program. There is one general application for all positions. You will have the opportunity in the application to identify your desired area(s) of interest. You are limited to three preferences and may be considered for multiple positions.
The application deadline is October 27, 2022 at 5pm MST.
The list of past departments in which spring interns have worked includes (but is not limited to):
- Constituent Development
- Church & Community Relations
- Global Program
- Graphic Design
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Market Research
- Social Media
- Software Development
- Technical Writing
- Video Production
Please note, internship positions change each year depending on the needs of each department.
BEFORE APPLYING FOR AN INTERNSHIP POSITION, please make sure you meet the applicant requirements for the Internship Program:
- Maintain a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintaining a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully uphold Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Act as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understand Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commit to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abide by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Report any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately support responses to incidents if they occur.
- Uphold and engage in Compassion’s core Cultural Behaviors.
- College student with an expected graduation date between May 2019 and December 2021.
- Available for the entire internship period: February 7 to May 20, 2022.
- Ability to work Monday - Friday from 8-5pm during the duration of the internship.
- Legally eligible for employment in the United States (i.e., if an international student, must already have a work or study visa, SSN, etc.).
Please review the hiring process, applicant qualifications, and other details about our internship program here: www.compassion.com/intern
NOTE: This application form includes a few short answer/essay questions. Please review the questions ahead of time (see below), write them in a Word document, and then copy/paste them into the application form.
SHORT ANSWER/ESSAY QUESTIONS:
- Why do you want to intern with Compassion instead of another organization?
- Tell us about a time when you were unsuccessful at achieving a goal. What happened, how did you overcome it, and what did you learn?
- What specific skills do you have that are applicable to your job preferences listed above? Include skills you have used in previous jobs, volunteer work, and coursework.