Health Care Management Consulting Associate
Veralon, a healthcare management consulting firm, is seeking candidates for a full-time Associate position in our Planning Group. While it is possible that our Associates may begin employment remotely due to the pandemic, upon return to our offices, you will work in either New York City or Philadelphia.
Veralon is a healthcare management consulting firm that partners with our clients to provide guidance and assistance with strategic and business planning, mergers and transactions, valuations, and physician compensation. We rely on data-driven analyses, financial acumen, and our collective experiences to prepare customized solutions for our clients’ needs.
We recognize that our people are our greatest assets. Our fundamental desire as an employer is to be the best place you’ve ever worked. We know this is a lofty goal and not easily achieved. So, how is Veralon different?
· Our people are incredibly talented and driven, but also believe that the professional environment in which we spend so much of our time should be both stimulating and fun.
· We don’t simply want to impact our clients and the healthcare industry; we make it happen.
· As one of the nation’s leading healthcare management consulting firms and we offer every employee the opportunity to shape our future.
· Many companies talk about work-life balance, but we live it. While our work can be demanding, we ensure our employees have the capacity to pursue the things they love outside of the office.
Our Practice Groups
As an Associate at Veralon, you will work in one of our three Practice Groups.
· Our Planning Group helps clients at a strategic and operation level. This group provides solutions for clients to optimize and enhance their operations through strategic engagements which may last for several months.
· Our Finance Group performs client projects around Financial & Capital Planning, due diligence for mergers or acquisition and business valuation services.
· Our Compensation Group supports clients with fair market value analyses related to physician compensation and compensation plan design.
As an Associate at Veralon, You’ll Have the Opportunity to:
· Support client engagements as part of project team in our Planning Group;
· Participate in Veralon’s professional education and development activities (e.g., Orientation, Lunch & Learn Sessions);
· Work in a collaborative, team-based environment;
· Contribute to all aspects of engagements in a meaningful way;
· Interact with clients;
· Actively participate in client meetings and presentations;
· Travel to client sites on an as-needed basis (travel typically amounts to less than 20% of work time, so our Associates don’t live out of their suitcases);
· Supervise staff on some engagements;
· Assist in conceptualizing, researching, and writing firm publications;
· Support Veralon’s general marketing and business development efforts; and
· Participate in, and occasionally lead, Veralon’s internal learning efforts.
All Candidates Must Have:
· An MHA, MHSA, or MBA (or equivalent degree) in healthcare management;
· A genuine interest in consulting for hospitals/health systems, provider contracting organizations, health plans, and other health service companies;
· A strong desire to develop expertise in one of our Planning line of business;
· Established proficiency in use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; and
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
But the People We Really Want Are:
· Fiercely committed to helping clients solve difficult problems;
· Not just interested in the details, but obsessed with getting them right;
· Intelligent and accomplished, while striving to continually improve and develop;
· Team players who put “we” far in front of “me”;
· Engaged and enthusiastic life-long learners;
· Passionate about the healthcare industry; and
· Self-starters who are also comfortable asking the necessary questions to get the job done.
More About Veralon
Veralon is a national leader in healthcare strategy, valuation, finance, and physician compensation with outstanding planning, financial, and specialized implementation skills. We provide our clients strong financial capabilities and deep senior-level expertise and have completed thousands of consulting engagements for health systems, community hospitals, academic medical centers, physician groups, health plans, Accountable Care Organizations, physician-hospital organizations, and clinically integrated networks. We have worked with clients in 48 of the 50 states, as well as Canada. Once clients work with us, they tend to come back – 70 percent of our business comes from clients we have worked with previously.
Our team is comprised of highly experienced and seasoned professionals, providing a rich environment for expanding one’s knowledge in the healthcare industry. Qualified and interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and their undergraduate and most current graduate school transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.