Health Care Management Consulting: Associate Physician Compensation
Veralon, a healthcare management consulting firm, is seeking candidates for a full-time Associate position in our Compensation Valuation Group. While it is possible that our Associates may begin employment remotely due to the pandemic, upon return to our offices, you will work in either New York City or Philadelphia.
Veralon is a healthcare management consulting firm that partners with our clients to provide guidance and assistance with strategic initiatives, mergers and transactions, valuations, physician integration and emerging payment models. We rely on data-driven analyses, financial acumen, and our collective experiences to prepare customized solutions for our clients’ needs.
We recognize that our people are our greatest assets. Our fundamental desire as an employer is to be the best place you’ve ever worked. We know this is a lofty goal and not easily achieved. So, how is Veralon different?
· Our people are incredibly talented and driven, but also believe that the professional environment in which we spend so much of our time should be both stimulating and fun.
· We don’t simply want to impact our clients and the healthcare industry; we make it happen.
· We are a growing healthcare management consulting firm, and we offer every employee the opportunity to shape our future.
· Many companies talk about work-life balance, but we live it. While our work can be demanding, we ensure our employees have the capacity to pursue the things they love outside of the office.
· This position supports our clients and our compensation valuation engagement team by providing data analysis, modeling, interpretation, and reporting. As a key member of the compensation valuation team, you will assist in the development of both simple and complex valuations of physician compensation arrangements. You will actively participate in client meetings and presentations.
· Summarize and analyze physician compensation and productivity data, including market data analyses, interpretation of compensation data, and comparative analysis to industry benchmarks;
· Understand the regulatory environment, mechanics of healthcare reimbursement, entity and arrangement types, and overall industry trends and risks;
· Recognize and analyze problems regarding agreements and the conceptual framework for fair market value;
· Development of engagement deliverables;
· Serving as a peer reviewer and mentor of technical knowledge to guide more junior staff in complex research, data collection and analytics;
· Establishing client relationships and acting as a key point of contact for client engagement inquires; and
· Effectively keeping the Engagement Manager apprised of project status, including delays or potential issues; holding self and team members accountable for client deadlines and deliverables.
As an Associate at in our Compensation Group at Veralon, You’ll Have the Opportunity to:
· Support client engagements as part of project teams;
· Participate in Veralon’s professional education and development activities (e.g., Orientation, Lunch & Learn Sessions);
· Work in a collaborative, team-based environment;
· Contribute to all aspects of engagements in a meaningful way;
· Interact with clients;
· Actively participate in client meetings and presentations;
· Supervise staff on some engagements based on growth in proficiency and experience;
· Assist in researching and writing firm publications; and
· Participate in, and occasionally lead, Veralon’s internal learning efforts.
All Candidates Must Have:
· An MHA, MHSA, or MBA (or equivalent degree) in healthcare management, or equivalent work experience at a healthcare provider, hospital or health system is preferred;
· A genuine interest in consulting for hospitals/health systems, provider contracting organizations, health plans, and other health service companies;
· Established proficiency in use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
· Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to analyze, organize and interpret data using a logical and systematic process; and
· Communication and presentation skills and the ability to interact with and present findings to clients with clarity and confidence.
But the People We Really Want Are:
· Fiercely committed to helping clients solve difficult problems;
· Not just interested in the details, but obsessed with getting them right;
· Intelligent and accomplished, while striving to continually improve and develop;
· Team players who put “we” far in front of “me”;
· Engaged and enthusiastic life-long learners;
· Passionate about the healthcare industry; and
· Self-starters who are also comfortable asking the necessary questions to get the job done.
MORE About Veralon
Veralon is a national leader in healthcare strategy, valuation, finance, and physician compensation with outstanding planning, financial, and specialized implementation skills. We provide our clients strong financial capabilities and deep senior-level expertise and have completed thousands of consulting engagements for health systems, community hospitals, academic medical centers, physician groups, health plans, Accountable Care Organizations, physician-hospital organizations, and clinically integrated networks. We have worked with clients in 48 of the 50 states, as well as Canada. Once clients work with us, they tend to come back – 70 percent of our business comes from clients we have worked with previously.
Our team is comprised of highly experienced and seasoned professionals, providing a rich environment for expanding one’s knowledge in the healthcare industry. Qualified and interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and their undergraduate and most current graduate school transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) to email@example.com.