Traffic Analysis Engineer
RK&K is seeking a highly-motivated Traffic Engineer with 0 to 2 years of experience to join our successful team in Richmond, VA. This office is seeing significant growth and performing work on many complex and interesting projects throughout the region. As a Traffic Engineer for RK&K you will work alongside side and collaborate with a talented and professional team while demonstrating and expanding your hands-on traffic engineering experience.
- Perform traffic engineering studies such as safety studies and traffic analysis
- Perform work on projects ranging from small-scale studies and/or designs for rural or isolated intersections to the development of complex solutions for urban arterial networks and major freeway systems
- Use Synchro and SimTraffic (among other tools) to plan, visualize, analyze and track traffic projects
- Perform traffic operational analysis and impact studies for Government Agencies
Required Education and Experience:
- 0-2 years of traffic engineering experience
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or Related Studies
- Licensed Engineer-in-Training (E.I.T)
- The ideal candidate is proactive and creative, understands traffic engineering and operations, has excellent technical writing skills, and has experience with or a willingness to learn VISSIM, HCS, Synchro/SimTraffic, TransModeler, CUBE Voyager, VISUM and SIDRA
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.E.) in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Certified Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
With 30 offices from Pennsylvania to Florida and ranked 61st on ENR's list of Top 500 Design Firms, our design and construction management firm specializes in transportation, environmental and energy projects. Our success is based on our ability to deliver what our clients want using sound, technical solutions to achieve the best possible outcome on a project. Expressed in our ability to treat every one of our 1,400 employees as a professional, RK&K has received extensive recognition for its exceptional and unique workplace culture.
RK&K maintains a drug-free workplace. Employees of RK&K are prohibited from engaging in the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana
RK&K ensures nondiscrimination and equal employment opportunity in all programs and activities in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If you need more information, require special assistance for persons with disabilities, or limited English proficiency, you may contact Human Resources at (410)728-2900.