Health Care Management Consulting: Analyst - Physician Compensation
Veralon, a healthcare management consulting firm, is seeking a full-time Analyst. While it is possible that our Analysts may begin employment remotely due to the pandemic, upon return to our offices, you will work in either New York City or Philadelphia.
Veralon is a healthcare management consulting firm that partners with our clients to provide guidance and assistance with valuations and physician compensation, mergers and transactions, strategic initiatives, physician integration and emerging payment models. We rely on data-driven analyses, financial acumen, and our collective experiences to prepare customized solutions for our clients’ needs.
We recognize that our people are our greatest assets. Our fundamental desire as an employer is to be the best place you’ve ever worked. We know this is a lofty goal and not easily achieved. So, how is Veralon different?
· Our people are incredibly talented and driven, but also believe that the professional environment in which we spend so much of our time should be both stimulating and fun.
· We don’t simply want to impact our clients and the healthcare industry; we make it happen.
· As one of the nation’s leading healthcare management consulting firms and we offer every employee the opportunity to shape our future.
· Many companies talk about work-life balance, but we live it. While our work can be demanding, we ensure our employees have the capacity to pursue the things they love outside of the office.
Our Compensation Group supports clients with fair market value analyses related to physician compensation and compensation plan design. This position supports our clients and our compensation valuation engagement team by providing data analysis, modeling, interpretation, and reporting. As a key member of the compensation valuation team, you will assist in the development of both simple and complex valuations of physician compensation arrangements. You will actively participate in client meetings and presentations.
· Summarize and analyze physician compensation and productivity data, including market data analyses, interpretation of compensation data, and comparative analysis to industry benchmarks;
· Researching, gathering, and analyzing data to determine the appropriate compensation levels related to existing and proposed positions and arrangements;
· Assisting with report writing as it relates to describing and summarizing project objectives, methodologies, analysis and results as well as proofing for accuracy;
· Acting as a key point of contact for client engagement inquires, as appropriate; and
· Effectively keeping the engagement team apprised of project status, including delays or potential issues; holding self and team members accountable for client deadlines and deliverables.
As an Analyst at Veralon, You’ll Have the Opportunity to:
· Participate in Veralon’s professional education and development activities (e.g., Orientation, Lunch & Learn Sessions);
· Work in a collaborative, team-based environment;
· Support engagements in our Physician Compensation service line;
· Contribute to all aspects of engagements in a meaningful way, not just the quantitative or analytical components;
· Interact with clients on many engagements;
· Actively participate in client meetings and presentations;
· Learn and become proficient in a variety of analytical models and methodologies;
· Support Veralon’s general marketing and business development efforts; and
· Participate in, and occasionally lead, Veralon’s internal learning efforts.
All Candidates Must Have:
· A Bachelor’s degree (preferably in finance-related or healthcare administration/policy fields) with a record of strong academic performance (GPA at least 3.5);
· A genuine interest in consulting for hospitals/health systems, provider contracting organizations, health plans, and other health service companies;
· A strong desire to develop expertise in our compensation service line;
· Established proficiency in use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
· Strong critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to analyze and work with large data sets; and
· Excellent writing and communication skills.
But the People We Really Want Are:
· Fiercely committed to helping clients solve difficult problems;
· Not just interested in the details, but obsessed with getting them right;
· Intelligent and accomplished, while striving to continually improve and develop;
· Team players who put “we” far in front of “me”;
· Engaged and enthusiastic life-long learners;
· Passionate about the healthcare industry; and
· Self-starters who are also comfortable asking the necessary questions to get the job done.
More About Veralon
Veralon is a national leader in healthcare strategy and valuation, with outstanding planning, financial, and specialized implementation skills. We offer our clients strong financial capabilities and deep senior-level expertise and have completed thousands of consulting engagements for health systems, community hospitals, academic medical centers, physician groups, health plans, Accountable Care Organizations, physician-hospital organizations, and clinically integrated networks. We have worked with clients in 48 of the 50 states, as well as Canada. Once clients work with us, they tend to come back – 70 percent of our business comes from clients we have worked with previously.
Our team is comprised of highly experienced and seasoned professionals, providing a rich environment for expanding one’s knowledge in the healthcare industry. Qualified and interested candidates should submit their resume, cover letter and their most recent undergraduate school transcript (unofficial transcripts are acceptable) to firstname.lastname@example.org.