We have an opening for a Full-Time Certified Athletic Trainer to work with our Employer Health Center located in Buffalo, WV!
$500 Sign-on Bonus!
Full-time employee benefits include:
- Medical, dental, vision, and other insurance benefits to fit your lifestyle needs
- Employer-paid life insurance
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Paid holidays and paid time off
- Continuing education allowance
Premise Health Company is a leading worksite health and patient engagement company dedicated to improving the cost and quality of employee healthcare. We believe healthcare should be about helping people get, stay and be well. That’s our mission and it’s the foundation of everything we do. With more than 40 years of experience, Premise Health manages 800+ worksite-based health and wellness centers across the country. We serve more than 2,200 of the nation’s leading employers, including a significant number of the Fortune 1000.
Summary: The Certified Athletic Trainer will be responsible for the daily development and implementation of Premise Health’s injury prevention programs.
The schedule is Sunday- Thursday 3:30pm-midnight OR 4pm - 12:30am. Off on Fridays and Saturdays!
- Provide basic first aid and orthopedic injury screening, covering such areas as (but not limited to) history, observation, palpation, range of motion, manual muscle strength, reflex testing, myotomes, dermatomes, and special tests.
- Demonstrate objective rationale for appropriate referrals to on-site medical providers.
- Provide daily client follow-up and make recommendations for work performance based on knowledge in anatomy, physiology, biomechanics, and ergonomic principles.
- Lead large group training sessions focusing on functional movement patterns, specific job simulations, and educational programs for occupational health/ safety.
- Counsel and observe clients related to appropriate symptom management techniques for minor musculoskeletal discomfort and/ or provide recommended guidelines for correcting limitations in flexibility, strength, and general conditioning to prevent injury or long-term disability.
- Perform job analysis establishing and reviewing specific objective findings of push/ pull/ lift forces and repetitive body posturing requirements.
- Perform administrative requirements such as completing necessary forms, reports, etc. in a timely manner.
- Communicate regularly with Occupational Health Services Team and Safety personnel regarding workplace countermeasures and injury prevention activities.
- Attend meetings and serve on task forces as requested.
- May require other duties as assigned.
If you want to join a team of knowledgeable, compassionate, like-minded
healthcare professionals, join Premise Health for an unlimited opportunity with the company that is changing the face and the place of the healthcare industry as we know it.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
- Bachelor’s Degree from accredited college or university.
- Licensed as a Certified Athletic Trainer
- Current hands on certification in AHA or ARC Basic Life Support for health care providers is required, Advanced Cardiac Life Support may also be required based on contract scope of services
- Certifications in Health/ Fitness Industry (i.e. NSCA, NASM, ACSM, etc…) preferred
- Experience in Occupational Health and Safety; Knowledge of current OSHA regulations preferred.
To support Premise Health’s commitment to the safety, health and wellbeing of our team members, clients and patients, we are requiring all new team members to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine*, except where a reasonable medical or religious accommodation can be granted. Should you be offered and accept a position with Premise Health, you will be required to provide your proof of vaccination in the form of your CDC vaccination card as part of the pre-employment onboarding process.
*As permitted by applicable law.