Pharmacy Oversight Team Intern - Summer 2022
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc., it’s a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
The Pharmacy Oversight Team intern will work with the Pharmacy Prior Authorization Oversight team under the Oversight Team Manager to assist in identifying and researching workflow problems and system irregularities for Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial and Specialty Rx plans. Working under the guidance of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), interns can expect to gain experience in the business aspects of system administration and the processing of prior authorizations within a call center setting.
Primary responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Documentation and editing of standard operating procedures
- Monitors reports/has oversight of Intake Site.
- Reviews adjustment requests submitted to Intake site for accuracy and clarifies requests with the submitter as appropriate.
- Receives guidance and mentoring from more experienced process experts.
- Researches operations workflow problems and system irregularities; assists with the development and testing of process improvement solutions for new systems, new accounts and other operational improvements; assists with the development and leading of project plans and communicating project status.
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Pursuing a degree in business, human resources, or a related program of study
- This internship is from June to Aug and is 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule in a virtual setting
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America’s Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.