Case Manager - Inmate Pre-Sentence
***Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred***
***Salary to be commensurate with qualifications***
Provide services to inmates at the El Paso County Criminal Justice Center (CJC) who are in need of assistance connecting with behavioral health services in the community. Provides case management to identify specific needs of the individual to ensure comprehensive services are in place to reduce recidivism. This position is subject to contract funding.
- Provides case management to inmates in a pre-sentence status at CJC.
- Connects inmates to community based behavioral health support to ensure comprehensive services are in place to reduce recidivism.
- Creates discharge and transition plans for housing, employment, medical, education, therapy, and public services. Coordinates appointments with probation and/or parole officers and community partners for continuation of care prior to release. Completes comprehensive discharge paperwork for releasing inmates.
- Serves as post-release contact, providing transitional planning of clients' reintegration to the community, then monitoring and documenting aftercare assistance.
- Updates and maintains client database with services provided, inmate release information and outcomes; generates reports. Complete brief needs assessments
- Offers skill-based psychoeducation trainings as needed.
- Communicate with BRIDGES program to assist in connecting identified inmates with behavioral healthcare.
- Communicates with El Paso County Department of Human Services (DHS) to verify current Medicaid status.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in a human behavioral science or criminal justice field.
- Minimum one (1) year case management or related experience.
- Bilingual fluency in English and Spanish preferred.
- Knowledge of case management and community mental health and substance abuse services.
- Ability to exercise discretion and maintain high levels of confidentiality.
- Ability to assess situations and make prudent and appropriate decisions; ability to apply conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to accurately and efficiently complete paperwork, reports, and documentation.
- Ability to efficiently plan, schedule, and organize.
- Must be able to communicate and work effectively with co-workers, inmates, other agencies, community professionals, the courts, and the general public.
- Ability to perform under pressure and when confronted with persons acting under stress.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office software, specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Maintain regular and punctual attendance.
- An equivalent combination of related education and experience may be substituted for the education and experience requirements above.
- Must pass conditional post offer background investigation, truth verification examination, motor vehicle record check, and drug screen.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Colorado Driver's License.
Work is primarily performed in an office environment to include a detention facility; some travel may be required. May encounter some hazards to personal safety through contact with potentially violent inmates. Must be available to work variable hours including weekends, evenings, and holidays as needed.
This job announcement is not intended to be inclusive of all functions, responsibilities and qualifications associated with the position, however, representative of the essential job functions and typical criteria considered necessary to successfully perform the position.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.elpasoco.com For inquiries please call: 719-520-7401.
Each applicant is considered only for the current vacancy indicated on your application. It is the responsibility of the applicant to monitor any future openings and to submit a separate application for each position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Any new employee and rehires must provide documentation of authorization to work as required by the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (PL99-603).
EL PASO COUNTY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER