Hersheypark Leadership Development Intern Level 1 - Summer 2022
Join the team at Hersheypark®, an award-winning amusement park best known for fun, chocolate, and newly added Hershey’s Chocolatetown. The Hersheypark Leadership Development Internship Program – Level 1 is perfect for students looking for a great summer employment experience where you will also learn valuable skills in our classroom leadership academy.
The Level 1 position is located at Hersheypark in one of our operating departments. Opportunities exist in multiple departments and are placed based upon experience and operational need, however, the majority of interns are placed in Rides/Attractions, Lifeguards, or Food & Beverage.
This internship experience is ideal for students entering their sophomore or junior year.
To learn more about this exciting intern program and the departmental job functions, please copy and paste the following link into your browser:
- The selection process for this internship utilizes a video interview component to interview applicants.
- If selected for a video interview, you will receive correspondence to the email address attached to your application.
- Please be advised, if selected for this internship you will have 14 days from the date on your offer package to complete and return all required paperwork along with full payment of the $150 housing security deposit if applicable.
- With this program being capped at 250 students, admittance will be granted on a first-come, first-serve basis after all required paperwork and payments are received.
Best. Perks. Ever.
- FREE admission to Hersheypark & 15+ amusement parks
- Make new friends from around the world
- Development and advancement opportunities
- Discounts at Hersheypark and across town
- Ability to pick up extra shifts
- After-hours employee parties
- Must be 18 years of age on the day of applying for this position
- This internship is open to undergraduate college students graduating after spring of 2022
- Students residing outside of 50 miles to Hersheypark are required to stay at the company coordinated Housing Complex
- If not utilizing company coordinated housing, reliable transportation to and from work and the Leadership Academy is necessary
- Friendly, upbeat, and enthusiastic
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively
- Abide by Hersheypark appearance standards
- Certain positions will be required to complete pre-employment drug testing and/or a post-employment RAMP certification
- This internship will be scheduled for 5 closing shifts (Thursday to Monday)
- Leadership Academy will be held either on Tuesdays or Wednesday of each week (Interns will be paid for classroom time)
- There is an ability for the intern to “pick up” additional shift based upon operational demand
- Physical requirements include standing, sitting, walking, and communicating with employees and guests
- The working conditions include indoor and/or outdoor environments with the potential to work in various weather conditions
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Hershey Entertainment and Resorts is an Equal Opportunity Employer.