Associate Data Analyst, Sales Compensation and Wellness Analytics
This position focuses the majority of their time producing analytical solutions (reports, dashboards, tools, etc.) for leadership and stakeholders across the organization that supports business or clinical initiatives. This position provides consultation and support in the development, analysis, interpretation, and management of a variety of routine to minimally complex data sources to support process improvement, operations, strategy, cost reduction and increased patient safety and satisfaction.Job Essentials
This position is responsible for providing analytical support - typically at a system-wide level. May work as part of a system-wide team or interact with stakeholders across the system. Typically this position performs analysis on routine to minimally complex projects under general supervision.
Performs analytical activities to support decision making, planning, research, and administration for SelectHealth insurance products and initiatives. Works with diverse datasets including claims, enrollment, premium, provider, care management, benefit configuration, quality, regulatory, and other related datasets.
1. Collaborates with corporate and region resources to design, create, test, and implement analytic tools (databases, reports, web applications, dashboards, etc.) that support enterprise / region needs and to improve data collection and reporting strategies (minimize duplication, redundancy, etc.).
2. Creates reports that answer a specific question or a limited number of questions. Reports include basic graphs, output lists of data, and basic use of parameters and the technical ability to modify project / dashboard created by other analysts and adapt them for their own use.
3. Demonstrates basic or routine level SQL and data extraction skills (i.e., Uses pre-defined scripts, changes parameters and GUI query like MS Access, tools with drag-drop query creation capability, and Excel cubes).
4. Uses standard Intermountain Reporting tools to generate reports for end users, interprets data for others to promote evidence-based decision making.
5. May access and run existing reports and retrieve information. Possesses a fundamental understanding of the domain's data and associated data models.
6. Compares data output to ensure data accuracy. Creates basic QA test plans and validates data for accuracy
7. Responsible to document work / projects per enterprise-wide standards (reports, project tracking, databases, etc.)
8. Understands the appropriate use of indexes, partitions, and Entity Relationship Diagrams.
9. Demonstrates a basic level of proficiency in using / analyzing a variety of enterprise data sources (I.e., Intermountain data sources include EDW, AS400, Essbase, Risk Management, etc.) to meet local and enterprise needs.
10. Provides consultation, data analysis and project management for clinical and business stakeholders across the organization. Communicates technical / analytical concepts to others.
11. Shares important and relevant information with the team. Proactively offers suggestions, provides resources, volunteers for assignments, and removes barriers to help the team accomplish its goals.
12. Participates in Intermountain's analyst community by attending and taking part in monthly analyst community events such as ASK (Analysts Seeking Knowledge).
Bachelor's Degree (Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.) OR Six years of analytics experience.
- and -
Demonstrated experience in the developing, analyzing, interpreting, and managing various data sets.
- and -
Demonstrated experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail, and scheduling applications.
- and -
Demonstrated experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- and -
Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Demonstrated working knowledge of SQL (structured query language), quality improvement principles, and a fundamental knowledge of database design principles.
- and -
Applied understanding of data visualization design best practices.
- and -
Familiarity with SQL query tuning.
- and -
General experience in healthcare or subject matter expertise in the job area (such as Actuarial, Select Health / Insurance, etc.).