As a Support Analyst, you will be responsible for supporting Cerner’s internal and external clients by providing outstanding customer service and basic technical support in a Tier 1 call-centered environment. You will be responsible for adherence to client access, quality standards, and client notification policies and procedures. This role will also require you to be accountable for communicating and working directly with the client to resolve key issues over the phone, through email, or through your queue. You will also be responsible for recognizing when to escalate issues by using applicable monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
Much of your time will be spent investigating service requests, resolving client incidents and maintaining applications. As you work with Cerner technologies, you prioritize and plan issue resolutions both independently and in a collaborative and fast-paced team environment. You will work directly with clients, so strong communication and customer service skills are needed. You will also document investigation and issue resolution thoroughly and in a timely manner, and research and use a knowledge base of information to quickly understand and diagnose issues. You will also be responsible for adhering to policies and procedures including HIPAA, PECA, CHIA, and client notification requirements.
When hired into the Client Services Academy, you reap big benefits. During training, you will gain insights into Cerner’s support methodology and will begin project work immediately. You’ll work alongside the experts to gain knowledge and skills that will prepare you for a long-term, meaningful career with Cerner.
- At least 4 years total combined related work experience and completed higher education
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of call center or phone support work experience
- Ability to work one of the following shifts available for the position (all in CT):
- Traditional Monday through Friday shifts from 5:00 AM - 2:00 PM, 6:00 AM - 3:00 PM, 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, or 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Swing shifts Monday through Friday from 10:00 AM - 7:00 PM, 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM, or 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
- 4X10 shifts Monday through Thursday, Wednesday through Saturday, or Sunday through Wednesday from 8:00 AM to 7:00 PM or 9:00 AM to 8:00 PM
- 554 shifts from 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM, 7:00 AM - 7:00 PM, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM or 554 night shifts from 6:00 PM - 6:00 AM, 7:00 PM - 7:00 AM, 8:00 PM - 8:00 AM
- Home internet speed and reliability connection must meet the following expectations: Download >= 20 Mbps and Upload >= 5 Mbps at https://www.speedtest.net/ and Total packet Loss < 1% at https://packetlosstest.com/ OR the ability to work in the Cerner office
- If located in the Kansas City metropolitan area, you may be required to work in office during normal business operations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S. based positions with Cerner Corporation must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
As of December 8, 2021, as a condition of employment, all US-based employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with additional client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.