Software Engineer Intern
One team. Global challenges. Infinite opportunities. At Viasat, we’re on a mission to deliver connections with the capacity to change the world. For more than 35 years, Viasat has helped shape how consumers, businesses, governments and militaries around the globe communicate. We’re looking for people who think big, act fearlessly and create an inclusive environment that drives positive impact to join our team.
As a Mechanical Engineer Intern you will be responsible for the mechanical design of communication electronics products and test fixtures, from conceptual design and analysis through the transition to production, for defence and commercial applications. You will also build solid models of equipment, analyze hardware as required to meet the customer environment, and assist with product testing. You will be working on ground antenna mechanical development. You will be empowered to coordinate with a dynamic, cross-functional team with strong personal ownership and vision to meet our performance requirements and drive innovation.
* Currently pursuing a Bachelor of Science or higher in Mechanical Engineering and/or a related field
* Experience with standard industry 3D CAD software
* Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to commit to a 10-12 week internship
* SolidWorks modelling and drawing experience
* MATLAB experience
* Previous relevant internship experience
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click  here!