ODOT Graduate Program - Associate Roadway Designer
Entry-level engineering position available in our popular ODOT Graduate Program!
The ODOT Graduate Program is designed to help recent engineering graduates transition from student to full-time engineer. For up to 24 months, participants are provided rotational assignments within ODOT engineering disciplines. They are recognized as full-time, permanent employees, receiving a salary, a full benefits package and mentorship from a registered professional engineer (PE).
This can provide up to two years qualifying time toward obtaining PE licensure. Following successful completion of the 24-month program, participants transition into a full-time regular position in the discipline and crew of original hire.
We are recruiting for a program candidate in La Grande to join our roadway engineering team. This important work includes:
· Preparing and designing the roadway portion of plans and estimates.
· Ensuring that projects are cost effective, safe, and on schedule.
· Serving as a resource on projects such as highway preservation, bridge replacement, channelization, and creating bikeways.
Applications will be considered from those who have graduated or are scheduled to graduate by June 2022.
What’s in it for you:
· Work/life balance, 11 paid holidays a year, flexible work schedules, competitive benefits packages and so much more. Click here to learn about working at the Oregon Department of Transportation.
· Live, work and play in La Grande, Oregon!
What we need:
· A bachelor’s degree in civil of transportation-related engineering (or degree expected by June 2022) OR the completion and passing score on the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam.
· A valid driver license and acceptable driving record. We will conduct pre-employment driving records checks on our final candidate(s).
To learn more and to apply:
Visit www.odotjobs.com and search for REQ-75724 or click here. This posting closes at 11:59 p.m. on October 18, 2021. For question, please email email@example.com.