Soil Conservationist Student Trainee Pathways Paid Internship
Position is under the Pathways Student Internship Authority, designed to provide students enrolled in a variety of educational institutions, paid work opportunities in agencies to explore federal careers while in school. If selected you must report no later than June 2022 to begin the internship.
Candidates selected from this announcement may be eligible for non-competitive conversion to the entry-level for the target occupation within 120 days of successful degree completion. Non-competitive conversion is to a permanent position in the competitive service, provided that all terms of the Internship Program are met and there is an available position. The actual grade level at the time of conversion depends on academic achievement and other factors. Conversion is not mandatory or guaranteed and is at agency discretion.
Pathways Interns may convert to a permanent position for which they qualify for (e.g., GS-457). Upon conversion to the competitive service, this position will have a career ladder up to the GS-09 full performance level. To be eligible for conversion, you must satisfactorily complete all Pathways Program requirements:
- Complete at least 640 hours of work experience prior to graduation, typically one summer of full time work (40 hours per week) is equivalent to 320 hours;
- Complete all mandatory training requirements;
- Meet performance expectations and be recommended for conversion;
- Meet suitability requirements; and
- Meet the position's Qualification Requirements of the associated occupational series as outlined in the U.S. Office of Personnel Management, General Schedule Qualifications Standards. See the link below: