MetTel is looking for outstanding Salesforce technical support specialist to interface with internal users and external partners to provide support of self-service quoting & ordering app as well as partner community portal built on Salesforce platform and Clari (Sales intelligence system). Training will be provided.
Duties & Responsibilities
- CRM and Salesforce reporting, Answer user questions and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Coordinate with development team, quote fulfillment team and sales team to resolve issue when escalation is necessary.
- Help improve our application and user experience and participate in development life-cycle.
- Present and develop reports, dashboards, predictive analytic solutions via various tool set such as Tableau, SSRS, SQL, Python, Salesforce reporting builder.
- Develop data integration and ETL solution and writing complex SQL script to prepare for data source.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group that includes customers, department stakeholders, management, subject matter experts
- Distinguish user requests from the underlying true needs. And working with projects can be for internal divisions or for customers.
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of solution provided
The ideal candidate will have 2+ year of business intelligence and data analytics/development experience with a minimal B. S. in Information System, computer science or related area. Be passionate about solving technical and business problems using all cutting-edge tool sets available. You also need to be a great communicator, team player and a hands-on problem solver who delves into both technical and business problems.
Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will be required to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or intend to be vaccinated for COVID-19 by December 8, 2021 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation to this vaccination requirement. Hired candidates who are not vaccinated by December 8, 2021, and who have not been approved for a legally required medical or religious accommodation will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination of employment, subject to applicable law.