Data Visualization Analyst
High Street is a consulting firm that provides data-driven strategic decision-making support to public agency owners of America’s transportation system. Data visualization is a growing feature in much of the work we do. We are known nationally for cutting edge solutions that help our clients overcome complex policy and planning challenges. If you are a self-driven data visualization enthusiast looking for an out-of-the-ordinary job where you get to make a difference by helping to solve some of the country’s toughest transportation challenges, High Street is the place for you! Members of our team can live/work where they choose, and we never churn out ‘cookie cutter’ work. Above all, we prize multi-disciplinary collaboration on every project across our diverse group of policy experts, data designers, planners, web developers, and data scientists to craft creative and effective solutions that delight our clients.
A few examples of recent data visualization work produced by our team include an ESRI ‘story-map’ that uses dense travel data to show how investments in regional transportation improvements benefit the Phoenix, AZ region (https://storymaps.arcgis.com/stories/1121f240a00d45a3bd9d2a0e13549c8a) and a detailed ‘drill down’ visual map of the Federal Highway Administration’s data assets (https://www.fhwa.dot.gov/datagov/dataelements.cfm). We want to hear from you if you think you’d be a good fit for supporting these kinds of projects.
Each assignment we produce is unique; adaptability to changing work responsibilities on every task is a must for this job. You will typically juggle several projects concurrently with varied deadlines and priority levels. Work assignments will include developing layouts and graphics for public-facing documents, front-end web design, data visualization, and presentation design to support projects and proposals. On any given project, your responsibilities might include:
· Working with large amounts of information to find creative ways to show “the big picture”
· Cleaning and joining datasets
· Developing data visualizations in Power BI, Tableau, ArcGIS or other digital platforms
· Interacting with clients to understand their data visualization needs and create solutions
· Looking at data trends and relationships and coming to new conclusions based on findings
High Street’s team and clients are located throughout the United States and this position may require occasional travel, but it will primarily be work from home.
· Masters degree in a related field
· One+ year of work experience
· Ability to develop effective UI/UX for interactive data visualizations
· Experience working with PowerBI and Tableau software platforms, as well as with developing visual applications using R or Python
· Aptitude for virtual workplace setting, including ability to self-learn and problem solve, comfort with working both independently and as part of a team, and strong interpersonal and communication skills.
· Project management experience preferred
· Interest in transportation is desired
Compensation & Benefits
Competitive salary commensurate with experience. Other benefits include performance-based annual bonus, health care stipend, home office allowance or paid co-working space rent, paid time off, flexible work environment, paid parental leave, and 401k program.
About High Street
We are a growing 25-person team of creative and hardworking planning, policy, analytics, and digital application development professionals dedicated to delivering outstanding solutions for our clients. We help transportation practitioners understand and respond to emerging issues using a combination of qualitative and quantitative solutions. Consulting work always involves some travel and periods of intensity, but High Street is committed to work-life balance and respects our team members’ time and priorities outside work. High Street is an equal opportunity employer.
Please send a resume, cover letter and work sample to email@example.com. Include a brief description of your contribution to the work sample. We will conduct initial screening interviews with promising candidates followed by a written test and a second-round interview for finalists.