Graphic Design Paraprofessional Intern
Put your talents to work with the creative team at the Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District. We're seeking a Graphic Design Paraprofessional Intern part-time to help produce brand materials that tell our story with consistency, clarity, and creativity. This intern will support our current communication efforts and contribute to our brand strategy work, from print design to digital graphics. This 6-month internship is an excellent opportunity for graphic design students and recent graduates looking for hands-on experience with a dedicated team. Apply now and see how your skills can serve the public and contribute to our clean-water story.
The intern will assist with various projects throughout the assignment, including, but not limited to:
Project Title: Production and design support
- Contribute to project planning with Communications and Community & Media Relations teams
- Work with our Graphic Designer to provide design support, including graphic file modifications and implementing design direction
- Collaborate with Communications Manager, Graphic Designer, and Copywriter to contribute to or develop design concepts
- Work directly with printers or production partners, and support Purchasing department obtaining production quotes or estimates
- Follow official NEORSD brand guidelines to ensure consistency and quality of all materials
- Support production by routing proofs, editing, and tracking project status
- Contribute to a variety of projects such as advertisements, brochures, promotional materials, presentations, and more
Project Title: Multimedia support
- May contribute to video or photoshoots
- May contribute copy for intranet content or employee newsletter assignments
-Develop content for website and social media
Project Title: Administrative support
- Assist with tracking products as they are received
- Assist with tracking products as they are packed for outreach activities
Other duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Candidate must be able to work 20 hours per week. Working hours are Monday- Friday during normal business hours but will require some weeknight and weekend hours. Work hours will be adjusted as appropriate for interns who are enrolled in school.
- Candidate must be able to commit to up to a 6-month assignment with an option to extend the assignment at NEORSD's discretion. This internship program provides for a time-limited role at NEORSD with no express or implied guarantee of future employment beyond the assignment period. This position is governed by all applicable NEORSD administrative policies, practices, and procedures related to temporary employees
- Candidate must be enrolled in a bachelor degree program or better with a declared major of Graphic Design or a related field or must have graduated within 24 months from the date of application
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of layouts, typography, color, and other graphic design fundamentals
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Strong creative and analytical skills
- Compelling portfolio of graphic design work
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Candidate must possess a valid driver's license with a driving record in accordance with the District's acceptable guidelines.
-Candidate must submit a portfolio. Portfolio attached to application or Portfolio web links will be accepted.
NEORSD, an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workforce, recognizing the full range of human differences and similarities. Through our unwavering efforts to leverage the potential of our diversity, we continually strive to build and foster an environment that respects each individual. We encourage and promote innovation, and provide opportunities for all employees to interact, communicate, and realize the full potential of their talents.
Our Employee Benefits & Wellness Programs
We offer a Ohio Public Employee Retirement System and Deferred Compensation Plans, Free Parking at our facilities, Corporate Discounts and more! We also have an active Health & Wellness Program that promotes a strong life/work balance.
Yes. Local Travel Only