Intern - Site Reliability Engineer - Summer 2022. CO or Remote/WFH (US)
Lumen’s US Internship Program is a path for career readiness in the 4th Industrial Revolution.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate – to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform – your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect – to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact – through Community & Social Involvement – collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
The Main Responsibilities
As a Site Reliability Engineer Intern (SRE) will assist a team of engineers with ensuring that internal and external services meet or exceed reliability and performance expectations while adhering to Lumen engineering principles. The intern should have an interest in application development with a mindset to take initiative, be resourceful and curious, not afraid to ask question and make suggestions with new ideas.
- System Integration, CI/CD Pipeline Development, User Provisioning, LDAP Integration, System Resiliency Testing
- Assist teams with monitoring Application/Infrastructure Performance, and availability
- Work closely with dev, and ops teams to build highly available, cost-effective systems.
- Troubleshooting Support Escalations
- Assist with playbooks to test system failure and resiliency
- Build automation pipeline
- Refine and enhance the development and operation processes to drive efficiency
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Enrolled at a US 4-year accredited college or university, master’s level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 – June 2023.
- Major/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar technical degree.
Proficiency and understanding of
- Knowledge of working in Azure Full Stack environment
- Knowledge of working with Data bases, Kubernetes, microservices and Phython SQL
- Experience with Java, Angular, Azure, Security, Resiliency, Monitoring
- Experience or knowledge: Build (CMake, Make files, Maven), CI(Jenkins), CD Automation Tools, Flux
- Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Resourceful and adaptable
- Collaborative and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- The position will be in one of the following offices: Broomfield or Littleton, CO or work from home/remote.
- Intern must be able to work 30-40 hours be week during the 10-week program (June 3– August 12, 2022)
- Intern must have reliable transportation to/from work location (Lumen does not provide transportation to/from Lumen office locations)
- US work authorization required
What to Expect Next
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!