User Experience Researcher Professional Apprentice
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
Join The Sherwin-Williams Company's award winning IT Professional Apprentice® (PA) program. You'll be given the opportunity to grow personally and professionally while building your resume through practical work experience with a Fortune 500 Company. This position is located in downtown Cleveland at our Corporate Headquarters. Position requires a minimum commitment of 15 hours per week up to 28 hours per week.
The UX Researcher Professional Apprentice® team member will have the opportunity to conduct research with our customer, partners, and employees while working alongside senior colleagues in an Agile environment. The ideal professional apprentice will have an interest, and background in UX, ethnography, psychology, anthropology, sociology, marketing and communications, and/or information science.
Strategy and Planning
- Identify user needs, determine feature usefulness and uncover new opportunities through UX research. Contribute findings and help generate innovative solutions.
- Help prepare for and participate in user research activities.
Acquisition and Deployment
- Collect and analyze user behavior through field visits, ethnography, usability testing, click-stream analytics, surveys, card sorts and online experiments (A/B testing).
- Partner with the UX team members to create personas, scenarios, user journeys, story maps, user flows, etc.
- Provide product usability, evaluation and support to development teams
- Collaborate with senior team members in an Agile team environment.
- Work alongside UX researchers and designers as a valued contributor.
- Support team members in the development of new standards and processes within the UX team.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
Formal Education & Certification
- Currently enrolled in college degree program and actively working toward an Associate, Bachelor or Master’s Degree in UX, ethnography, psychology, anthropology, sociology, marketing and communications, and/or information science
- Minimum GPA 2.80.
- Graduation date on or after December 2022.
Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of UX research methodologies (e.g. interviews, surveys, usability testing, field studies, etc.) preferred
- Understanding of standard expected interfaces and basic user behaviors.
- Interest in working with business stakeholders to help formulate research plans
- Well versed in Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic grasp of technical knowledge coupled with business intelligence and ability to understand customer's needs.
- Portfolio of 3-5 work samples to review preferred.
- Developing analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment.
- Ability to deliver quick turnarounds if necessary.
- Positive, can-do attitude and self-motivated.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.