Marketing and Communications Intern - Health Care (Spring 2022- Summer 2022)
Position description: Health Action Council is looking for a Marketing & Communications intern to help develop and implement communications strategies and materials that engage Health Action Council members and prospective members; promote collaboration among a broad spectrum of stakeholder groups, including employers, employees, doctors, hospitals, educators, policy makers and public officials; and raise awareness of Health Action Council within the broader community.
Intern will learn and be exposed to:
- A variety of online communications that are sent on a regular basis to members and other target audiences
- Participation in the planning of Health Action Council events, including the Annual Conference
- Participation in staff meetings (as required)
- Opportunities to network with individuals and organizations from the public, private and non-profit sectors – particularly in the health and wellness sector – throughout Ohio
- Support Health Action Council’s communications efforts
- Contribute to the content development of various online communications tools, including the Health Action Council website, newsletter and education event announcements
- Help manage social media
- Compile materials for events/meetings as necessary
- Assist in the planning for the 2022 Conference & Expo
- Perform other duties as assigned
Work hours: The internship program generally requires a minimum of 20 hours per week and up to 32 hours. Health Action Council is flexible in terms of work schedule and total hours per week. Intern will need to work closely with his/her Health Action Council supervisor to determine a general schedule in advance of his/her start date. If the intern is receiving college credit for the internship, the college/university and Health Action Council will work to determine work hours for the student.