Marketing Intern (Fall 2021)
MarshBerry is looking for an innovative and motivated General Marketing Intern with attention to detail, who is ready to contribute to high-profile summer events and general marketing communications projects. The General Marketing Intern will have the opportunity gain real marketing experience, potentially earn college credit, and contributing to key company initiatives.
As the General Marketing Intern, you’ll work in the Experience and Engagement (Marketing) Department under the VP, Experiential Marketing, and the Marketing. The ideal candidate will have a keen understanding of copywriting, the skills to brainstorm and collaborate with the marketing team, a desire to support events, the energy thrive in a fast-paced environment and be self-motivated to contribute to desired outcomes.
This remote position is available now and requires a min of 20 hours per week up to full-time hours. The position will last approximately 3 months but may be extended based on business need, performance and candidate interest.
At MarshBerry, this opportunity is what you make it. This hands-on internship needs a team player who is ready to contribute to key marketing initiatives. This role is directly integrated with the Experience and Engagement team and gives you access to Sales, HR, and Client Success department leaders. As the General Marketing Intern, you’ll have the creative freedom to work on your skills while maintaining the expectations of the MarshBerry brand.
The basic responsibilities and learning exposure will include:
- Create written content for print, web, and mobile such as emails, landing pages, web marketing assets, newsletters, infographics, etc.
- Assist in the planning processes for client events, including creating attendee emails onsite collateral, gifting and experience extensions
- Gather information and create project components for internal communications and event projects.
- Additional projects and tasks as assigned.
Qualifications we are seeking:
- Candidates pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Communications or related field; College students at the junior and senior level.
- 0-2 years marketing. Relevant coursework accepted.
- Proficient with Microsoft PPT and Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word); must be comfortable working in a PC environment.
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and work on multiple projects at once.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and must be willing to present ideas; Basic knowledge of AP Style and copy editing
- Strong interest in writing, brand voice and marketing
- Familiarity with HubSpot or other Email Marketing Platform is a plus.
Marsh, Berry & Company Inc. (MarshBerry) was founded in 1981 to provide consulting services in the financial services industry primarily to independent insurance agents, brokers and carriers. MarshBerry’s services include but are not limited to financial, operational, sales management, merger and acquisition advisory, peer-to-peer exchange and information services. We are primarily a domestic company with clients throughout all 50 states and have been the leading advisor for insurance broker merger and acquisition deals each year for more than a decade.
We are recognized in the insurance industry for providing innovative and customized solutions to our clients. Our mission is to help our clients learn, improve and realize their value. Our clients credit us for providing the vision, tools, and discipline to help them reach their strategic goals.
Our team of talented and driven employees has made us the successful, growing company we are today. MarshBerry strives to provide an environment where employees can learn, improve and realize their career goals. We offer our employee’s competitive benefits, new challenges, learning experiences and ownership opportunities.
To learn more about MarshBerry, visit www.marshberry.com.