Investment Analyst/ Intern
You will be part of the investment team responsible for allocating capital to global funds. You will have the opportunity to source and evaluate a wide array of investment strategies across various asset classes and geographies. Through the sourcing and due diligence processes, you will be exposed to and learn from exceptional investors.
Your job responsibilities will generally include, but not be limited to the below:
• Perform due diligence and analysis on managers and contribute to the team’s investment decision through based on detailed evaluation and presentation of the managers’ strategies, skills, and track record
• Assist in preparation of materials and reports for presentations to the investment committee
• Formulate and communicate independent opinions, both verbally and in writing, on managers, strategies, markets, and portfolio allocations
• Proactively integrate within relevant investment universes to source new opportunities
• Prepare advisory reports and recommendations on new investment opportunities and funds that could enhance or diversify portfolios
• Conduct market research on the industry and gather market intelligence to enhance management of funds
• Maintain up-to-date information on the latest global economics trends and updates in the financial markets
• Interact with fund managers and industry professionals to gather expert opinions and views on the global market
• Articulate investment underwriting process to both external managers and investors while conveying knowledge and credibility
• Bachelor’s degree or graduating student from an accredited college or university; business or data analytics related majors preferred
• Effective written and verbal communication skills in English. Mandarin Chinese will be a plus.
• Attention to detail and superb organizational skills
• Curiosity and a demonstrated interest in exploring new and unfamiliar grounds and constant desire to learn and grow
• Strong interpersonal abilities, positive work ethic, humility, and intellectual integrity
• A strong ability to work in a collegial, supportive and respectful atmosphere. The role will work in a closely‐knit group of people who enjoy each other’s company and work hard to make each other and their team successful.
• Professional and/or academic experience in investment or other related industries
• Understand broad range of financial and investment principles including equity, credit, derivatives, and risk management