Junior Project Cost Analyst
Andromeda Advantage is actively seeking a Junior Project Cost Analyst. In this role, you will perform analysis, implementation, and adaptation of job costing and its methods and procedures. You should be well versed in financial compliance, payments, reports and other financial and procedural duties related to projects averaging $5MM.
- Collecting and analyzing financial data (inventory purchases, labor costs, etc.) and analyze it to uncover inefficiencies
- Estimating costs and comparing budgets with actual expenses
- Coordinate with management to ensure cost forecasting reports are consistently checked and applied
- Interpret financial data contained in reports and ledgers
- Stay up-to-date on project budgets and project spending.
Required Qualifications and Competencies:
- General understanding of accounting and budgeting principles and practices related to job/contact costing
- Key competencies are Communication, teamwork, initiative, and dependability.
- Experience reviewing or compiling construction pay applications (G702/G703) would be advantageous.
- Ability to work independently and solve problems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (especially Excel) is required
- Excellent communication skills toward effective collaboration and client services. Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Technical Skills: Microsoft Office, Timberline & Timberscan, Procore.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to maintain a stationary position, ascend/descend and traverse. The position also requires frequent use of computers and other office productivity machinery. At times, duties may involve transporting items of appx. 25 pounds and working around outdoor weather conditions. The position is expected to require prolonged periods of communication, perceiving, and expressing oneself.
This is a full-time position.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or similar business degree.
- Experience in the construction industry preferred, but not necessary.
- Experience in project invoicing and billing.