The Bronx District Attorney’s Office seeks a well-qualified staff whose diverse backgrounds contribute to serve the 1.4 million members of the Bronx County community and pursue a safer Bronx through fair justice. The Planning and Analysis Unit of the Bronx District Attorney’s Office has an immediate opening for a Senior Planning Analyst. Planning functions as the internal management consulting arm of the office, overseeing data and policy analysis and grants management. The Senior Planning Analyst will be responsible for supporting the Unit with a wide range of duties, including but not limited to: policy and legislative research, grant research and writing, data analysis, policy development, and overall management of grant-funded and other projects.
Specific duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
· Perform policy research, including literature reviews and national best practices research on emerging trends in criminal justice.
· Coordinate federal, state, local and private grant portfolios, including drafting proposals and managing grants, to support the Office’s work. Conduct discrete data analysis and more complex data analyses to support the development of data-driven policy decisions.
· Technical writing, proof-reading, editing, copy writing, grant writing and other equivalent written communication required.
· Perform all other related duties and projects as assigned.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s degree required, in criminal justice, social sciences, public policy, or a related field preferred.
· A minimum of two (2) years professional grant writing experience, preferably in a non-profit or public sector setting.
· Experience using data analysis software such as R, Python, SPSS, SAS, etc.
· Interest in or knowledge of the criminal justice system.
· Excellent written and verbal interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
· Strong project management skills in a team-oriented environment
· Strong quantitative abilities and familiarity with research and evaluation methods and statistical analyses
· Strong analytical and computer skills
· Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
Post Until Filled
The Office of the Bronx District Attorney is an Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity and Inclusion