Toorak Capital Partners ("Toorak") is an investment manager that buys real estate loans in the US and UK with sponsorship from KKR - one of the largest global private equity firms. Toorak, which acquired over $6.0Bn loans to date, has been named New York’s #3 Fastest Growing Companies for 2020 in Crains NY and New Jersey’s #1 fastest growing company for 2019 and 2020 in NJBIZ’s Fast 50.
Toorak is looking to hire an accounting/finance analyst to support the treasury team.
In this role you will:
- Prepare settlement statements/trade documents for individual loan trades
- Interact with debt providers, including coordination of funding activities and data validation over loan and debt balances being pledged/borrowed against
- Manage revolving securitization concentration limit and cash position
- Track and log loan performance activities (draws, repayments, write-offs, adjustments and reconciliation to a loan level trial balance)
- Onboard loans to servicer platform and maintain data accuracy across multiple platforms
- Calculate and reconcile accrued interest
- Reconcile loan servicing reports
- Validate records received from third parties supporting loan activities for accuracy
- Analyze raw data , data validation and remediation of data errors with third party data providers and administrators
- Prepare ad hoc analysis over company transaction history, forecasts and other pertinent company information
Contributors to your success:
- Education: Bachelor's (Required)
- Experience: Treasury, Accounting or Finance: 2 years
- Former real estate, mortgage banking, accounting or asset management experience preferred
- Candidate is self-motivated and driven; has the ability to work effectively in fast moving, demanding and dynamic environment
Hours can be long and work environment intense at times, but job has great upward mobility and excellent exposure to key company executives, customers and institutional lenders
About Toorak Capital:
Headquartered in Summit, New Jersey, Toorak manages all aspects of its investment portfolio using its dedicated internal teams for loan sourcing, pricing, credit analysis, underwriting, asset management and capital markets placement. The firm also partners with investment banks to warehouse and securitize its portfolio of business purpose loans on residential, multifamily and mixed-use properties. Toorak was one of the first companies to institutionalize the residential bridge financing space, which created demand in the fixed income markets for high yield, short duration structured credit products.