Private Equity Summer Analyst
Copley Equity Partners is a private investment firm based in Boston, MA and Denver, CO. Copley invests in established lower middle market businesses with significant growth prospects. The firm is currently investing out of a fully committed capital base without institutional constraints which enables flexibility in terms of industry, deal structure, and investment time horizons. Copley invests across a broad range of industries, but we are focused solely on lower middle market businesses. Copley's investment capital can be used for shareholder liquidity, acquisition financing, and growth initiatives. As a firm, we look to maintain a limited portfolio of investments at any given time in order to maximize dedication to company success. As investors, we devote substantial time and resources towards recruiting talent, identifying acquisitions and other business development initiatives. Copley has designed our team, committed capital base, and investment process to exclusively work with and grow small to medium sized companies. We are agnostic to the standard private equity and venture capital fundraising cycle and are committed to sustained long-term growth initiatives.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to advance his/her investor skillset and to enhance his/her understanding of private equity in an entrepreneurial, small office environment. There will be a heavy focus on research and direct sourcing to identify investment opportunities.
· Conduct industry research and develop investment theses
· Identify potential investment opportunities and conduct outreach to business owners
· Research market opportunities in various sectors
· Assist Copley investment professionals in due diligence tasks
· Conduct basic financial analyses to determine viability of potential investments.
Internship has potential to lead to full-time Associate position.
· Strong academic record
· Outgoing and driven personality with exceptional communication skills
· Ideally studying in penultimate year of degree program
· Interest in finance, private equity, portfolio management, and/or consulting
· Past experience in private equity, investment banking, and/or consulting a plus