Junior Cloud Engineer
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (ARA), Southeast Division (SED) in Raleigh, NC is seeking a Junior Cloud Engineer with Linux OS experience for a position developing and improving a weapon effects software architecture for an advanced physics-based computational system. This system will be deployed for use in the Department of Defense. The candidate will have a strong passion and background in cloud development and deployment.
What you’ll do as a Junior Cloud Engineer:
- As a Cloud Engineer, you will be part of an Agile team working to build Docker containers for physics-based modeling and simulation software
- Compose, run, and debug Docker containers
- Design and develop REST APIs
- Design, develop and debug Java M&S capabilities
- Candidates will be focused on integrating new modeling and simulation (M&S) capabilities into containers and developing REST APIs
Due to the work you’ll perform, you must be a US citizen and eligible to apply for and hold a US security clearance (selected applicants will undergo a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements at the time of employment).
Junior Cloud Engineer Requirements:
- Requires a BS in Computer Science or similar with a minimum of 1-2 years work experience
- Experience composing, running and debugging Docker containers
- Experience programming with Java and developing REST APIs
- JSON and/or XML experience
- Developing for Linux and Windows OS
- Use of Git/Eclipse/JIRA/Artifactory
- Exposure to Agile software development processes
Junior Cloud Engineer Preferences:
- Current active security clearance
- Experience with JAXB
- AWS, Microsoft, or CompTIA Cloud Certification
Applied Research Associates, Inc. (aka ARA) is an employee-owned international research and engineering company known for providing technically superior solutions to complex and challenging problems in the physical sciences. We were founded in Albuquerque, NM in 1979 as the disco era was, thankfully, closing out and the personal computer era was beginning. We employ over 1,500 professionals and continue to grow. ARA offices throughout the U.S. and Canada provide a broad range of technical expertise in defense, civil, and health technologies, computer software, and simulation, systems analysis, environmental technologies, and testing and measurement.
ARA also prides ourselves on having a challenging culture where innovation & experimentation are the norm. At ARA, employees are our greatest assets, so we give our employees the tools, training, and opportunities to take active roles as owners. The motto, “Engineering and Science for Fun and Profit” sums up the ARA experience. The company realizes employee ownership spawns greater creativity and initiative along with higher performance and customer satisfaction levels. We are also very proud of our Women’s Initiative Network (WIN) whose purpose is to motivate, support, and encourage professional career development for women to maximize career and professional accomplishments.
To find out more about Southeast Division visit our website at: https://www.ara.com/raleigh/