User Experience Designer Professional Apprentice
Here, we believe there’s not one path to success, we believe in careers that grow with you. Whoever you are or wherever you come from in the world, there’s a place for you at Sherwin Williams. We provide you with the opportunity to explore your curiosity and drive us forward. We’ll give you the space to share your strengths and we want you to show us what you can do. You can innovate, grow and discover in a place where you can thrive and Let Your Colors Show! Sherwin-Williams values the unique talents and abilities from all backgrounds and characteristics. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply, including individuals with disabilities and Protected Veterans.
The UX Designer Professional Apprentice™ team member will have the opportunity to help shape the concept, design and execution of some of Sherwin-William’s leading web applications while working alongside senior colleagues in an Agile environment. The ideal professional apprentice will have an interest and background in UX, Visual or Interaction Design, Information Architecture, or Human-computer interaction. .
Strategy & Planning
- Participate in brainstorming creative concepts and design holistic solutions that solve problems and address user and business requirements.
- Help to prepare for and participate in conducting user research on our applications.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Spend time with end users and project owners to learn about their goals, attitudes, behaviors and needs.
- Brainstorm, ideate and create wireframes for possible new or modified designs.
- Work with senior team members to complete UX deliverables such as personas, user flows, usability test findings.
- Assist with product success analysis by reviewing customer insight tool data.
- Collaborate with senior team members in an Agile team environment.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas, design rationale and the specifics of a user centered design.
- Work alongside UX designers as a valued contributor.
- Help develop new standards and processes within the UX team.
- Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
- Travel not required.
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday may be required.
Formal Education & Certification
- Currently enrolled in college degree program and actively working toward an Associate, Bachelor or Master Degree in UX/Visual/Interactive/Graphic Design, IT or related field.
- Minimum GPA 2.8.
- Graduation date on or after December 2022.
Knowledge & Experience
- Understanding of user-centered design principles preferred.
- Ability to create information architecture diagrams, wireframes, prototypes, and screen flows.
- Ability to present design approaches to a non-design audience.
- Interest in working with customers, business stakeholders and IT team members to formulate designs that meet both business and end user needs.
- Competent at using Microsoft Office applications. Ideally have some experience using a wireframing application but not required
- Basic grasp of web design principles.
- Strong commitment to inclusion and diversity.
- Developing analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams in an Agile environment.
- Positive, can-do attitude and self-motivated.
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status now or in the future.
Sherwin-Williams is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, age, pregnancy, genetic information, creed, marital status or any other consideration prohibited by law or by contract.
As a VEVRAA Federal Contractor, Sherwin-Williams requests state and local employment services delivery systems to provide priority referral of Protected Veterans.