Supply Chain/Freight Internship
· Under supervision, interns are expected to develop a broad knowledge of Less Than Truck Load (LTL) operations, tools, processes and procedures working alongside senior professionals, managers and leadership in areas of operations and sales.
Essential Job Functions:
· Analyzing customer demand to coordinate the flow of products from multiple vendors to the consolidation warehouse for customer pickup.
· Communicating with manager using collaborative cloud-based software to share data that ensures prioritization and on-time delivery
· Working with the S&OP and finance teams to balance purchase orders, reconcile inventory, and arrange timely payment to suppliers.
· Working with the transportation and customs compliance teams for freight quotes, expediting, and tracking of essential goods for operations.
· Assisting customer service and other supply chain analysts in conveying the delivery of products and relay any potential delays to the customer.
· Reporting on key KPIs to help the freight team identify trends and meet annual goals
· All other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
· Strong communication skills – written, oral and presentation.
· Proficiency in systems including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Must have excellent interpersonal, influential and organizational skills.
· Comfort working with large datasets to deliver comprehensive insights.
· Experience running projects while maintaining progress against established timelines and quality guidelines.
· Manufacturing Industry knowledge desirable.
· Strong Excel experience with developing graphs, linked spreadsheets, pivot tables and Excel formulas.
o Pursuing a degree in Supply Management field or relevant degree
o Major or course of study toward a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Transportation; Distribution or other quantitative discipline.
Must be able to sit, stand, hear, and see on a constant basis.
Must be able to walk, write, and type on a frequent basis.
Must be able to climb and descend stairs.
Must be able to bend, carry, reach, push, and pull on an occasional basis.
Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing.
May work in areas where noise level is such that hearing protection is required.
May work in areas where toxic, flammable, and hazardous materials are present.
May be exposed to varying amounts of dust and dirt.
Work surfaces may include concrete.
Employee must be able to operate a computer and communicate via telephone.
Some travel to other locations, meetings and/or seminars is required
About Keene Family of Companies
Starting as a plastic manufacturing company in 2002, KEENE has continually innovated new construction tools in an effort to improve product performance for the market. At first, KEENE only manufactured entangled net products in applications that had coatings and concrete all around them. Today, our diverse capabilities include blending powders and creating chemicals. In addition to our expertise in plastics extrusion we’ve expanded our expertise to floor preparation products, below grade systems, roofing, plastic fabricating and 3D filament.