2022 Summer Analyst Program – Investment Banking Group
Natixis is a French multinational financial services firm specialized in asset & wealth management, corporate & investment banking, insurance and payments.
A subsidiary of Groupe BPCE, the second-largest banking group in France through its two retail banking networks, Banque Populaire and Caisse d'Epargne, Natixis counts nearly 16,000 employees across 38 countries.
Its clients include corporations, financial institutions, sovereign and supranational organizations, and the customers of Groupe BPCE's networks.
Natixis Corporate & Investment Banking Americas
The Americas platform delivers a diversified range of structured and asset financing, capital markets, and global transaction banking solutions, encompassing both standard and structured transactions across the spectrum of risk profiles. Our clients include institutional, corporate and local government clients in North and South America.
Natixis Corporate & Investment Banking Americas has offices in New York, Bogotá, Buenos Aires, Houston, Lima, Los Angeles, Mexico City, Montréal, and São Paolo, and a staff of more than 600. The Americas platform devises an exhaustive range of products and services and provides access to Natixis research.
In the capital markets field, the range of solutions spans the credit markets, interest rate derivatives, foreign exchange, global markets commodities, guaranteed investment contracts and derivative investments, money market products and services, global structured credit & solutions, equity markets, and multi asset solutions.
In the structured & asset financing field, we specialize in global energy and commodities, global infrastructure & projects, acquisition & strategic finance, real estate finance, and aviation finance.
Departments and Program Areas
By joining our Investment Banking Analyst Program for your Summer Program at Natixis, you will have the opportunity to work across the firm’s key verticals: within Investment Banking and Latin America Platform.
Through your interview process, you will meet with members across each of these key strategic areas of the Firm but here is some more information on what you could be working on during your time in the Summer Program:
Businesses included: Debt Capital Markets, Real Assets, Coverage Banking, Corporate Finance, and Leveraged Finance.
- While working with the Leverage Finance, Summer Analysts assist in originating and analyzing the underwriting of new leveraged finance loans, supporting recapitalizations, corporate acquisitions and refinancing, as well as assist in deal execution, due diligence, and analyzing financial statements and deal metrics.
- Real Assets businesses includes: Global Trade Finance, Aviation Finance, Real Estate & Hospitality, and Infrastructure.
- Summer Analysts working on projects for any of our Real Asset product teams can expect to participate in any aspect of the origination, execution and ongoing transaction management for transactions within our various business areas. Responsibilities include preparing pitch book marketing materials, assisting in deal execution, due diligence, transaction management and monitoring, screening memos, client vetting, market updates, etc.
- Coverage Banking businesses Included: Financial Sponsors, US Corporates, and Financial Institutions
- On the Coverage team, our Summer Analysts are responsible for managing the bank’s relationships with Financial Institutions, Corporate clients and Financial Sponsors. Summer Analysts within Coverage may assist with marketing products and transactions for clients, drafting client presentations, analyzing commercial activity, tracking profitability and performing market research and analysis.
- Summer Analysts working with our Corporate Finance Group expects to assist with research, pitches and analysis for ESG and advisory.
Latin America Platform
- Businesses Included: Syndicate LatAm, Aviation & Infrastructure, LatAm Sales for Latin American clients.
- The Latin America Platform was created in 2013 as a result of Natixis’ international expansion strategy in the Americas. The LatAm Platform is comprised by a group of professionals dedicated to originating, arranging, structuring, executing, and providing the necessary expertise and support to our representative offices in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Peru, and Chile, offering a wide array of financial products tailored to our clients.
About our Summer Program
The Summer Analyst Program is a 10-week educational immersive program providing a realistic glimpse into our business units. The summer kicks off with orientation followed by continued event and formal mentorship programming throughout the summer. Intern mobility opportunities will be discussed throughout the summer for high performers interested in exploring other businesses. Throughout the program, we will work with managers to collect ongoing feedback in order to determine return offers for the Full Time Analyst program.
As part of our Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program over the summer, you will have real experience across at least 2 of our key businesses and products at Natixis to get a well-rounded view into the Natixis CIB Platform. You will work closely with your manager and staffer to determine which businesses you will rotate to over the 10 weeks and will be able to build relationships across different areas of the Firm (ie: within Investment Banking, and Latin America Platform). Your staffer and assigned managers will ensure that you get a mix of projects and deal activity over the 10 week program so that you are best positioned to understand the role of a two-year Banking Analyst at Natixis.
Participants in the Summer Analyst Program will perform a wide variety of roles and have the opportunity to work with colleagues at different levels and from different areas within the Firm. As experience grows, so does the level of responsibility. The program will provide the professional skills, industry knowledge and development opportunities to enable each Summer Analyst achieve success within the Firm.
This program targets candidates in their third year of undergraduate studies with a high level of academic and leadership achievement, who are interested in working within a rapidly changing and demanding, but ultimately rewarding environment.
The ideal candidate should possess:
- A basic knowledge of how the markets work and an understanding of important related fields (e.g. accounting, economics, corporate finance) is a plus
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Professional presence which includes self-confidence and maturity
- Strong initiative—the willingness and ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial, team-based environment
- Effective communication skills—both verbal & written
- Demonstrated capability for analysis and strategic thinking
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Must demonstrate strong interest in financial modeling
- Working knowledge of credit risk, financial analysis and m