Virtual Caregiver (Part-Time and Full-Time)
To apply, students can fill out our online application at the link below: https://recruiting.myapps.paychex.com/appone/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2768050
Note: This is NOT a work-from-home opportunity, you will be required to come into our Grandview office in OHIO!
Preference is given to applicants with overnight (12AM-6AM) availability.
Are you interested in gaining hours of healthcare experience while developing a network of colleagues and professional references? Are you a night owl looking for a credible and meaningful overnight job experience? Begin your career by joining a compassionate team at the forefront of the Ohio Department of Developmental Disability’s newest support service: assistive technology and telemedicine!
- You will remotely monitor the activity and behaviors of our clients during the overnight hours from the office location in Grandview.
- You will provide accurate and comprehensive documentation of all observations and behaviors as outlined in the designated care plans.
- You will report any incidents or emergencies to the family, administrative support and/or all other authorized agencies as outlined in the designated care plans.
- You will submit timely and accurate reports at the end of each shift.
- You will participate in case reviews consulting with the care teams to evaluate the clients' needs and long-term planning.
- You must be comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment supporting multiple individuals who may require you to show up in-person as needed.
- Starting Base Rate: $14.00/HR
- Week Day Overnight Add-on: Base Rate + 12% = $15.68
- Weekend Day Add-on: Base Rate + 12% = $15.68
- Weekend Overnight Add-on: Weekend Day Rate + 12% = $17.56/HR
- Rewards for working on holidays and through university breaks
- Hundreds of hours of healthcare experience to report to prospective employers and/or graduate programs
- Flexible student scheduling by the university semester system
- Letters of recommendation to prospective employers and/or graduate programs for successful team members
- Professional development opportunities to grow as new healthcare provider
- Mobile online portal for team communication, scheduling and more
- Reliable transportation in the event you are dispatched to a client home
- High School Diploma or GED
- Background check (within 14 days of accepting an offer of employment)
- 8-hour continued education training per state mandate (to be provided by the agency)
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proof of car insurance
- CPR/First Aid certification (within 30 days of accepting an offer of employment)
This is not a complete listing of all responsibilities and/or duties required; other duties may be assigned.
Because your hours may accrue during 10 PM and 6 AM, planning ahead will be crucial to stay alert. Please ensure you are arriving for your shift well rested and with a plan for an alternate sleep schedule.