Research Analyst - Air Warfare & Software Testing
Effective October 11, 2021, all current and newly hired IDA employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless they have been granted a medical or religious exemption. Individuals who accept employment with IDA will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated or receive approval for a medical or religious accommodation prior to starting employment.
The Operational Evaluation Division (OED) has an immediate career opening for an Analyst to support the Department of Defense's assessment of the operational effectiveness, suitability, survivability, and lethality of Air Warfare-related Major Defense Acquisition Programs. IDA takes great pride in the high caliber and timeliness of its analyses, which are produced in an atmosphere that encourages independent thinking and objective results. Work at IDA is conducted in a team environment and often involves a multi-disciplinary approach.
The Analyst will support and advise mid- and senior-level civilian and military officials regarding the operational evaluation of air warfare systems, focusing on testing software-intensive systems. The position involves analyzing the design, execution, and results of operational testing and associated modeling and simulation activity, and providing an independent assessment to Department of Defense’s Director, Operational Test and Evaluation. Close interaction with officials responsible for the planning, development, and execution of tests is required.
- A minimum of either: PhD in Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a quantitative interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus coupled with 4+ years operational or commercial experience; OR a Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software or Systems Engineering, Applied Mathematics, or a quantitative interdisciplinary program that encompasses one of these areas of focus coupled with 8+ years operational or commercial experience.
- Candidates must have demonstrated computational and data analysis skills.
- Candidates selected will be subject to a security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for obtaining a TS/SCI clearance. Having a current TS/SCI is desired.
- Successful completion of a background check is required.
- Travel is required.
- Experience with military or civilian aircraft operations, acquisition, or cybersecurity testing of software-intensive systems; OR experience in software engineering, software reliability, software quality assurance, agile DevSecOps software development approaches; or with modern software testing tools and methods for software-intensive systems; OR experience with advanced aviation technologies, such as sensor fusion, modular open system architectures, air-to-air and air-to-ground weaponry, advanced sensors, or data links.
U.S. Citizenship is required
Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance is required
Equal Opportunity Employer