We are a 100-percent woman-owned small business that provides aviation and regulatory support to Government and industry, offering our employees challenging consulting work, with paid time off and holidays, along with a flexible work arrangement.
PAI has been in business for 40 years with a longstanding team of dedicated professionals providing personalized service to our clients. We offer—
- Challenging and varied tasks that change based on our clients’ needs,
- Mentorship by highly experienced individuals from all facets of the aviation industry,
- Multiple medical benefit packages with various coverage options,
- A virtual office with full support for telecommuting, and
- A pleasant and flexible work environment, fostering a work-life balance.
We are looking for an Aviation Analyst with a starting pay range from $55,000 to $64,000 based on experience and qualifications. The position involves a variety of support tasks in the realm of commercial and general aviation, as well as rotorcraft, including small-to-large meeting support, technical writing, database design/administration/use, analysis, and procurement. Our dynamic work environment provides opportunities to learn and grow skillsets as tasks evolve. As you gain experience and demonstrate ability and interest, we offer project management opportunities. By working in a small company, your efforts will be visible and will contribute directly to supporting our clients.
- U.S. citizenship.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4-year college or university, preferably in an aviation-related field, and 10 years or less of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience in the aviation field.
- Aviation professional certificate, such as a pilot, dispatcher, or A&P certificate or equivalent aviation industry experience.
- Technical writing ability.
- Sound notetaking and organizational skills.
- Ability to think outside the box and approach tasks with a sense of professional judgment and autonomy.
- Comfort with the Microsoft Office suite of products, especially Word and Excel.
- Flexibility to transition between many different tasks based on work priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Experience with rotorcraft operations.
- Ability to design and manipulate databases, typically with Microsoft Access.
- Ability to leverage advanced features of Microsoft Excel, such as formulas, to analyze data.
- Familiarity with Structured Query Language (SQL) and programming languages.
- Perform technical research and write documents such as reports, manuals, rulemaking material, evaluation reports, and records of meeting.
- Perform directed aviation studies, typically pertaining to aviation safety.
- Review, analyze, catalogue, and enter data.
- Provide meeting support to Government and industry aviation safety and rulemaking groups.
- Analyze public comments for rulemaking and other Government actions.
- Travel locally and/or long-distance to attend client meetings, conferences, trade shows, or other events.
Our Telework Policy:
We are a completely virtual office, with employees living and working in Virginia, Maryland, and the District of Columbia. The ideal candidate lives in the area, but we will consider candidates living elsewhere. We use Microsoft Teams and Yammer to communicate and coordinate on a daily basis.
Why Should You Apply?
- Are you ready to move beyond typical aviation roles and apply your aviation knowledge to challenging analytical and support tasks ranging from research and writing to high‑level aviation meeting support for the aviation industry and Government?
- Are you ready to take your analytical and administrative skills to the next level while carrying out constantly evolving tasks in support of the Federal Government?
- Are you ready to work with a team of professionals across multiple departments that help and support one another in all tasks?
- Are you ready to experience a social and flexible work-life balance that comes with working in a small company?
If the answer to any of these questions is yes, we encourage you to apply to PAI Consulting today and see what we have to offer. In addition to applying through an online system, please email a cover letter and résumé with your salary requirements to Joseph Werner at JosephWerner[at]paiconsulting.com. Résumés unaccompanied by a cover letter will not be considered.
If we select you for an interview, we will conduct the interview via video conference. No phone calls please.