Intramural Sports Official
JOB TITLE: Intramural Sports Official
Starting Wage: $9.25
HOURS: 5 - 20 hours per week
SUPERVISOR: Coordinator of Rec Sports
The Intramural Sports Official is responsible for officiating designated intramural sports events and attending trainings/meetings for the Rec Sports Program. Communicating and enforcing all sport rules and Campus Recreation policies/procedures to over 3,000 Intramural Sports participants. Assist with promotion of intramural sports/events through tabling and other marketing strategies. Provide exceptional customer service and be engaging while on shift. The Intramural Sports Official must maintain a complete knowledge of the Rec Sports program; sports, events, policies, and procedures. This position will have opportunities for development within the program and gain professional qualities.
Minimum Qualifications and Certification Requirements
- Enrolled in 6 or more credits per semester
- American Red Cross CPR/AED For Professional Rescuers [Training Provided by Campus Rec]
- Able to work on weekends and week day nights.
- Commitment to Campus Recreation mission and core values
- Willingness to learn and excited to try new things
- Passionate about working and collaborating with others
- Commitment to creating an inclusive and equitable work environment
- Basic knowledge of sport rules.
- Officiating Experience (Preferred, not required)
- Be able to work in an active and fast-paced environment
- Possess a passion for working with people and sports
- Excellent communication skills while being able to work with a wide variety of personalities
- Open to constructive feedback while also keeping a positive and upbeat attitude
- Be understanding and sensitive to working with diverse population
Mandatory Meeting and Training Requirements
- Sport Specific Trainings throughout Fall and Spring Semesters
- Officials Meetings throughout Fall and Spring Semesters