As an Accounting Intern, you will have a tremendous entry-level learning and growth opportunity as a motivated individual to join our team. Learn how an accounting firm operates as you work side-by-side with our partners and staff. You will become familiar with various tax forms and their corresponding filing requirements and learn what information is critical to preparing individual tax returns. Interns also gain exposure to the accounting software used in preparing taxes.
· Assist with filing, scanning, and uploading tax documents to tax software.
· Develop basic knowledge of and preparation of various types of tax returns.
· Assisting professional staff on various levels of accounting and attestation engagements.
· Work under the supervision of other professionals.
· Develop a basic knowledge of accounting concepts and assist with accounting tasks.
Required Skills & Qualities
· A self-starter with a strong desire to learn
· High level of integrity, accuracy, dependability, enthusiasm, and confidentiality
· Must be actively working towards a degree in accounting.
· Excellent technical skills, including a strong command of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
· Strong technical and organizational skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills in a professional environment.
· Must be able to work flexible hours based on business needs
Experience and Education:
· The Intern must be currently obtaining a Degree in Accounting
· Completion of core level accounting courses